Osama's dead! Are you celebrating???

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, May 4, 2011.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

When I first heard that US Navy SEALs whacked Osama, I was stunned. I couldn't believe it. Then I whooped for joy when Obama confirmed it. :dance: :dance:

It's been almost 10 years since 9/11 and he had successfully eluded pursuit until recently. It was about time, I say! :thumb: :thumb:

From what I understand, there was spontaneous celebration in Washington and New York City. Well, we didn't have street celebrations as such over here, but everyone I knew were pleased as punch that he's gone for good. He may not have targeted us, but we all know evil when we see it!

Of course, some folks believe that even though Osama was a really bad dude, we shouldn't be glad about his death. What do you think? Should we celebrate (or at least be thankful for) his death, or should we just pray for his misguided soul? :think:

2. Adrian Wong

Okay, this may seem crude, but here's a selection of funny comments or jokes about Osama bin Laden's death.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

:haha: Excellent one.

I don't think I'm too overjoyed since terrorism will still exist without him. It's just the end of chapter 1.

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Justin Bieber "terrorizing" music? :haha:

Anyway, fundamentalism still exists with or without the extremist leader.

We need more world peace and not fighting.

5. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Cannot celebrate on the street, no permit, sure ISA :wall:

6. Adrian Wong

Yeah, well, killing him won't close the chapter on terrorism, but I think it's important for the US to pursue him until he's dead or captured. It sends a clear signal that the US will go to any lengths to see justice done.

I also think that the Obama Administration need not skirt around the fact that Osama bin Laden was best killed on sight than captured. He was an enemy combatant and one that has no mercy or compassion in his heart. He chose this path and this is the result, the end.

7. Adrian Wong

I have nothing against Bieber, but he has surprisingly been very polarizing! I was shocked to find that even my female cousin hates him. I thought all young girls loved him??? :confused: :haha: :haha:

Anyway, it was still quite a funny joke, IMHO. :D

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well... I still don't believe he's dead. And US is apparently lying... just like the moon landing and Saddam's death. :mrgreen:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

read a news that the group is now short of fund. since last year.

good start!

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I've nothing against Bieber too. He is considered to be a talented young singer. However, I don't really listen much to his music, and I felt it is just as much as the other pop music in the radio. (and I don't listen to much radio)

In the recent concert in here, there are many young girls that swooned over him. Saw that a bit on TV, they are so really into him!

On the other topic, now the extremists have to find a replacement for the leader. And also, they seek revenge. This is a vicious cycle and war... never ends. :faint:

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

justin bieber :haha:

perhaps my life is not in anyway affected by osama so i didnt celebrate or anything

12. Adrian Wong

Well, Osama never affected me directly either... I don't know why, but I just hate people like him. IMHO, he's one of those who have NBTD (Nothing Better To Do)! :haha: :haha:

13. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

conspiracy! my theory is they probably had him like years ago under bush but only announce now to prevent backlash. hehe

14. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

the last thing this fragile economy needs is another terrorist attack on US soil.

15. Adrian Wong

I think there will be a backlash. They have to strike back quickly to avoid looking like weaklings. However, that may be a good thing... Hopefully, the need to quickly lash back may result in poor planning and poorer execution.

In any case, it's not like Al Qaeda is going to stop attacking if Obama didn't order OBL's assassination. Whether it comes as a result of OBL's death or not, it's coming eventually.

I, for one, am not so pessimistic about any terrorist attack hitting the US. If it does happen, it will result in casualties but the economy may actually indirectly improve because such an attack would likely unite the US government and people enough for bipartisanship to actually exist. Then they can get down to fixing the problems instead of beating around the bush in the name of politics.

However, even so, I'm hoping Al Qaeda is just talk and no action this time. Hopefully, they have been harried so much that they don't actually have any real operational capability left.

16. Adrian Wong

LOL! How Bush wished that was true! :haha:

Seriously, whoever kills OBL would love to take credit for it.