All Your PSN Are Belong To Us

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Falcone, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

The Play Station Network which has been down for almost 1 week has actually been hacked with all user data believe to be stolen. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Update on PlayStation Network and Qriocity – PlayStation Blog

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

+ Like.....

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, read about it.. I think it's possible that credit card information was stolen too. Not good news for anyone on the PSN. :hand:

BTW, let's take a guess on how long the outage will last... and see who's closest. :D

I'd say the outage will last another 3-4 days... say a total of 10 days. Since it start on April 21, that means the network should be up by midnight April 30.

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

This is scary. I have a friend of mine who uses PSN frequently. I hope he's all ok there.

5. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

May 4th @ 12 PM

I don't think I'm going to suffer too much, didn't keep an active CC on the PSN for this specific reason, I didn't trust the network.

6. Falcone

Good thing my CC on the PSN has been replaced when I lost my wallet last year haven bought a thing since.

I say 4th May 12am

7. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Yesterday, I received this e-mail :

It was a genuine e-mail - I checked the e-mail address and links. It was not a phishing mail as far as I can tell.

Later, I received another e-mail from Sony :

I wrote back to them :

They never got back to me... but today, I received another letter from them :

LOL! Obviously, they were worried we would think that this is part of the PSN hacking scandal. Yet, one can help but wonder about the timing... So I wrote back :

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

oops.. someone sent out a campaign a little too early. the administartor must be very excited.

9. Falcone

10. Adrian Wong

I wonder when the whole network will be up. Seems like they are retooling the whole thing.

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Crap, I guess I need to request to change my CC.

12. Adrian Wong

Uh-oh, looks like the PSN problem is much bigger than we realized.

Sony Online Entertainment was also hacked, and the entire Sony network will only be fully operational by the end of the month.

Sony is apparently going to give everyone free 30 days of PlayStation Plus as a token of apology. Do you guys think that's good enough? :think:

13. Falcone

Latest news is that PNS will be back on 31 May......:wall: :wall:

14. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

That is for the whole thing to be up, MP is expected to be back up sometime this week assuming Sony is correct. :liar:

in any case we are going to have to install yet another firmware update to address the fact passwords and security questions where compromised. It would not surprise me in the least if that alone delays things for days. As Millions of PS3's go to download the new firmware all at the same time. :wall:

15. Chai

Just use the manual download method using thumbdrives.

16. Adrian Wong

If it's not delayed further.. They have been saying that "it will take a few more days" for many weeks now. :think:

17. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

The PSN as far as Multi Player is back up in the US.

18. Chai

I have not turned on my PS3 for the past month. I'm not sure what is exactly down. I'm updating my GT5 to 1.09 as I type.

19. Falcone

PSN is back online......well some part of it :wall: :wall: :wall:

20. Adrian Wong

Looks like they are turning it on stage by stage, country by country.