Intel core 2 duo CPU

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by jay cee, Jul 9, 2011.

1. jay cee

jay cee Newbie

Does anyone want to sell an e8600, I am interested

2. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You are replacing a dead Core 2 Duo?

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

My e6600 is still running strong.:D

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

w00t!:thumb: :thumb:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

So's my E6400!! :D

7. Trinity

:roll: :lol:

Now we are onto this subject...

My Ol' 900 and 1200 mhz Thunderbirds still run too.:) Top that...:lol:

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm still using the E7200. Bought since 08, and running pretty good. :D

9. Trinity

Was that one from your first PC?

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I have a lot of other older processors before I ended up with an E7200.

To count, I had my Semprons, Celerons, Pentium 4, hmm, what else, the Athlon X2 3800+, Thunderbird Athlon, Throughbred Athlon, and finally, my AMD K6-2 450. But most of them are already sold or given away and only left my Sempron 3000+ (Palermo core) still hiding in the storeroom.

My honest opinion, the Celeron 430 is a pretty good stuff, despite it's only single core. And it's still selling since 2007.

11. jay cee

jay cee Newbie

well I have an E7400 but before I toss this unit and finally build a new unit with the new AMD chips I though I could postpone until the newer chip prices wear off of the market. I used to build a new machine every year or two and sell the old stuff but I havent built a new machine since the althlon xp2900+ days, wow been longer than I thought, Dec2004 I think. Well in any case I thought a quik cheap boost for this Dell would be to drop the E8600 in and double up on the RAM but I see its still too pricey for that idea. I really thought maybe the E8600 was old and inexpensive, had no Idea they were still in the product cycle..

There really isnt anything wrong with this system I have now, I guess I just saw the new AMD chips with video on the chip and said, hey now thats something new worth getting into.