Bidding website?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by belikethat, Nov 18, 2011.

1. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Any guys experience these bidding website. Where u can bid gadget for insanely low price:nuts: But of course. somethings are too good to be truth.:naughty:

examples Sold.my
    PennyAuction - Live auctions

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Haven't heard anything really good about those sites. You tried them?

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Is it different from ebay?

4. Adrian Wong

If I'm not mistaken, you have to pay to bid. Each bid is small but it adds up.

You can win your bid at a low cost, but if you fail, you still need to pay.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Yea, something like that, one you bid, you have to pay even if you loose.

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

fake one la. u look at the dell vostro. retail price 2xxx, current bidding price 62.29. whenever the clock hits 00.01 the system will auto bid itself. and how long does it take to deliver the item to you? what about warranty?

if you scroll down, you will see apple's logo in the footer. Hahahah, dumb. please la. apple will never low ball itself loh

rugi business, who wants to do right?

it started a few years ago, about the same time as groupon.

groupon's model is worse. No wait, it should not even get recognized as a "business model".

you are advised to give 50% off, then they will take another 50% out of your discounted price.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  7. espcomputer

espcomputer Newbie

They make their money by selling you bids. It's pay per bid. You can look at it as a form of gambling. The house always wins! :lol:

8. Adrian Wong

I couldn't agree more. :D

9. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Where got you bid you have to pay? No lah.. As far as I know and bid, you bid you don't have to pay. Ebay, and for Malaysia, Lelong - Auction & Online Shopping Malaysia. These no need to pay for bidding punya. My mates used to always bid and bid and bid for the sake of bidding and if they can get it cheap, they grab it.

10. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

We are not talking about eBay or Lelong. We know you only pay when you win, we are talking about different sites where you have to pay to buy bids.

11. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

ooppsss..sorry... wrong frequency I guess.

12. Mellis

Mellis Newbie

Hi, i dont think it's really advisable to pay to bid. Because, if one does not win, one is at a great loss.