New draft law will jail unlicensed IT professional

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mikegas, Dec 10, 2011.

1. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

lol.

indie developers tiok bomb. Now don't get to spoil market rate.

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

WHAT THE CRAP is this ? Critical National Information Infrastructure? hmmm

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

IMHO, this stupid law is just another way for the government to make money from the people. What's next? Registration for mechanics and restauranteurs? Seriously... is this the government we want???

Tech ARP will not be affected as we do not charge anyone anything. However, I'll be showing my two middle fingers at the geniuses who came up with this fine piece of legislature.

6. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

get me right. so some parties will refuse to work with individuals or companies that are not registered to the government ?

What is the point from their perceptive ? reduce scam? to show professionalism ?

7. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

God!!! What is this world coming to???:nuts:

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

damn bloody stupid MF @sshole who only know how to get more money from people.

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

In all fairness, that's what ALL governments excel at - getting money... :angel:

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Guys,

Write in and disapprove the bill! Email them at "[email protected]". Time to spam their mailboxes!

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I doubt spamming will work. the admin will probably just crash the HD and ..move on. :haha: :haha:

when Anonymous attacked MY gov sites few months ago, I was told the engineer 'neutralized' the attack by just.. unplugging the network cable. genuis. truly malaysia! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That is actually very smart, but can only be done in MY. :haha:

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

They will probably do that in the event of a cyberwar - just unplug ALL the servers and then go have some tea. :haha: :haha:

Seriously though, I think it was a faux pas by the BN government. Needless to say, they NEED to source for more money to fund the coming elections, but such a stupid and dangerous law is bound to alienate most people involved in the IT industry against them.

No matter what, the damage is done. They already said they would rescind the Bill, but everyone is already furious with them. Great job, BN! Seriously, please do this some more. Go target the accountants or engineers this time! :haha: :thumb:

15. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

They ripped out the cables first when the attacks were imminent. Then, that actually discouraged them. :faint:

But they can't turn off the servers all the time, isn't it? :haha:

Btw, did this law targets 'unlicensed' embedded software designers? There are many people who can write embedded software too.