The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Well, not even in the Jettas in Malaysia. In fact most of the models in Malaysia does not get the RNS510 fitted in. Youll have to get it aftermarket or custom order it when you get the car. Malaysia cars are always shortchanged in that manner, not just the VWs, most brands actually.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, nothing to do with the model, it has everything to do with Malaysians. They complain the cars are too expensive, so manufacturers have 'no choice' to cater for the local market, since it's pretty normal for Malaysians to choose 'cheap, big, nice' cars over everything else.

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

great looking stylish car! :thumb:

I believe that you may be buying the car in Singapore? I don't see cars like these in here.:whistle:

4. Chai

There are sold here, just not the same specs. They are quite expensive over here too.

5. peaz

Yea, it's definitely available there in Malaysia. Although the price is kinda high for what you get. OTR is about 160K and they didn't even wanna fit it with leather! Gosh.

Yes. Got this in Singapore. Am based here in SG now.

Here in SG even an Elantra cost about to 110K. The Jetta I got is about 126K... almost no brainer...

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nice car!

DYKT VAG cars can be software modded (unlock functionality)? Just get a VAG-COM cable... :)

Stuff like convenience key (press and hold unlock for 5 seconds on the keyfob and all windows go down, press and hold lock and all windows go up) and display/lighting can all be tweaked. :)

7. peaz

Yea. I know about the VAG-COM. But most of the car is already configured to how I want it to be for now. Plus, I think the windows up and down is configured that way by default now. I can also turn off and on my DRL from the convenience menu on the MFD... not much else which I would want to change... for now.

LOL. VAG-COM's not cheap though.. Ross-Tech Store: VCDS License with KII-USB Interface :p

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

9. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Helloooo ... Msia cars are over priced ... I paid RM50k++ for AP only for a CBU Japan car, lowered spec!

10. Chai

Yeah, then don't try to ask for big cars like Camry and have no traction control or 2 airbags if you can't afford one. Do you think the buyers care? They only care about the size of the car and the "brand", and they start calling Golf buyers stupid because it is small, fast, efficient, safer, CBU.

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, even if you want options, there are NONE! :wall:

I mean seriously, even VW Passat CC - you can choose either the 4-seater version or the 5-seater version. Oh, you can top up RM 5K for the GPS module (the LCD monitor is already built-in). That's it! :wall:

My Hyundai Sonata only had three options - 2.0L Low Spec, 2.0L High Spec and 2.4L. No upgrade options. Take it or leave it. Same goes for the Japanese makes - Toyota, Honda and Nissan.

12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

[​IMG]

SSD
    HDD move to DVD-ROM bay
    Intel 5300 to replace Dell 1501
    8GB of RAM.

:mrgreen:

13. Chai

Having less options meaning they are able to get the stock fast. Imagine if you want to customise it, how long will it take to ship it here? Since they are either assembled in Germany (Wolfburg), South Africa, or Mexico, all 3 are really far away.

I rather have less options, want it or leave it. If you really want it, just get it outside. :mrgreen:

I already have plans for my next car if I have enough money by then... :haha:

14. peaz

Yea, that's true. Actually the same here in SG too, they 'pre-order' the stock based on the default configurations. If you want to customize it, they would still entertain it. But the customizations will go all the way back to Germany or Mexico (in my Jetta's case) and have it fitted in and ship over when it's built. As you can imagine, that will take a longer time to get your car.

The good thing is though, the standard configurations in Singapore is usually generous enough with quite a bit of stuff pre-configured.

15. peaz

Well done! Welcome (*again*) to the SSD+HDD combo club! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

16. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Ah it's good to be back gaming on pc again :D
    1)Mass Effect 3 CE
    2)FF-XIII-2 CE
    :thumb:

Attached Files:

17. Chai

Some new gear...

Attached Files:

18. Adrian Wong

Wow! The Sigma 50 mm f/1.4! How does it compare to the Nikon 50 mm f/1.4??

19. Chai

I don't have a Nikon 1.4...

20. Adrian Wong

I have.. but it's an old one. One day we should compare and see.