Yahoo Small Business Hosting

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by zy, Feb 28, 2012.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:wall: I hate it.

Ok, here's my situation.

I've uploaded a company website (powered by wordpress) to yahoo small business, and I'm getting random "no returns" :wall:

and they do not allow .htaccess file uploading :wall:

AKA my wordpress permalink wont work on yahoo :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: without tricking it. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

:whistle:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You are right :

Doesn't seem like there's a way around this. :think:

3. zy

Yeah. :wall:
    And the website having hiccups as well.
    Randomly, some stuffs doesn't load. (running wordpress)

4. Adrian Wong

Do you really have to use Yahoo Small Business Hosting? I googled them and it seems like lots of people using Wordpress have this problem and it doesn't seem like they are really bothered to "fix" the problem.

5. zy

Actually, we might want to switch host. However, we (not me) have to keep in touch with clients, so email is the crucial part and we are trying to keep the cost as low as possible.

If i'm not wrong, we are running on Yahoo Small Business Email + Webhosting for $120 a year I think. With it we get unlimited email addresses, unlimited email space and web.

I'm still looking for alternatives. Any suggestions?
    I'm thinking of inmotion hosting. Any ideas?

Any suggestions on how to setup a reliable email services where email archives are important? :think:

6. Adrian Wong

Well, I would recommend Gmail but now they only offer 7 free e-mail accounts per domain. If that company doesn't mind paying for the extra accounts, then you might want to consider shifting the e-mail accounts to Gmail.

This will allow you to shift your hosting wherever you want, without affecting the e-mail accounts.