Second hard drive issue

Discussion in 'General Software' started by dudleian, Apr 9, 2012.

1. dudleian

dudleian Newbie

Hello there, can anyone help me please
    I've recently installed a second hard drive to act as a storage facility on my Packard Bell iMedia (Vista home basic) as I was running out of disc space. As I've created the menu for all my stuff and folders/subs Vista has doubled everything up so I now have a back-up of the back-up and only half the free space that I anticipated!. When I open windows explorer I now have THREE folders marked 'E:Storage/etc... - two under Desktop/Anyone and one under Computer/ along with my other drives C.D and F (two DVD drives) - SO I have three questions 1) how did this happen (cos I didn't do it!)? 2) how can I stop it from continuing and most importantly 3) how do I delete all the duplicated stuff?
    Any suggestions gratefully acepted

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm quite confused by what you posted, particularly "As I've created the menu for all my stuff and folders/subs Vista has doubled everything up so I now have a back-up of the back-up and only half the free space that I anticipated!"

What do you mean by you created the menu for all your stuff?

After you installed the second hard disk drive, what exactly did you do?

BTW, you can't actually have a drive attached to your desktop. That is most likely just a shortcut to the actual drive. You can check by right clicking on the icon and selecting Properties. A shortcut will also have a small arrow at the lower left corner of the icon.