Trip to dentist - partially erupted wisdom tooth!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Mar 6, 2012.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That's right. After for a month, my appointment finally comes!

The dentist checked my dental x-ray this January, it's an partially erupted wisdom tooth, as far as I've seen on the film. The gum is covering a part of that last molar and it is already broken.

I do not like trips to dentists due to bad experiences back when I had to fix my teeth in the school (they have school dentists visiting every year and none of them are friendly!) , but I have to go no matter what! :faint:

I hope it's never as painful as it be! :faint:

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Upper Molar Or Lower Molar

3. The_YongGrand

Mine's on the lower jaw. :faint:

4. The_YongGrand

Just came back from dentist.

He gave me an injection on 3 areas of gums. And that one, he did it very slowly and carefully. I don't feel anything, in fact.

Then... he cracked the tooth into half. And then he went yanking away the whole thing.

That was 5 minutes. I thought that it's as painful as it could be!:faint:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Not many people like dentists. Hehe.. Neither do I!

No offence to them, but I hate it when they start probing my mouth! :haha:

What you experienced is pretty much par for the course when it comes to extracting an embedded molar. :beer:

6. The_YongGrand

Yeah. It's actually phobia, and that includes me.

But fortunately I have an understanding dentist. :beer:

A dull pain is on the site after hours from surgery, but it is now normal with some dosage of Panadol. :faint:

7. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Had my wisdom teeth pulled a long time ago, most painful experience in my life. More painful than 2nd and 3rd degree burns I have received to my hand some years back. :shock:

8. Falcone

Remember when I took out my first wisdomtooth, probably cause by the dentist inexperience, it was the worst experience I ever had, even had a fever that night.

Second one was easy, I had a damn good dentist. Was over in 2 minutes, didn't feel a thing.

I still have the two lower jaw which requires surgery like urs, it's very bad, growing sideways and pushing my lower molars.

9. The_YongGrand

I hope you are okay here, after a dentist appointment, just rest more. :)

My empty space which used to be the broken molar is now bleeding a bit, and it's getting less everyday. Hope it's good by next week.:whistle:

10. Falcone

It'll take a while to get use to the 'hole'. :wall: :wall: :wall:

11. Adrian Wong

Well, it's common to bleed a little, especially when you brush your teeth. After all, a tooth used to be there! :D

And if you just removed an embedded tooth, it will bleed a little from the stitches until the wound heals.

12. The_YongGrand

Yeah. I give it like a week or two and afterwards I have to take out the stiches. :D

13. The_YongGrand

Unfortunately, I have another hidden wisdom tooth, in the back and grows like 45 degrees. The dentist saw that but didn't cared about it. But the thing is, it's chipped and broken, so the sharp edges irritated the gums at the back.

I have to seperately use a very small toothbrush (for toddlers) and carefully brush that chipped area so that the food particles don't get rot inside there! :faint:

14. Adrian Wong

Huh??? Isn't he supposed to remove all of it?? You should get him to remove everything, or you will always run the risk of an infection. Worse still, a festering infection can cause septicaemia and other problems... even heart problems.

15. The_YongGrand

I'll check with another dentist as the current one takes months for an appointment. If the dentist said that I had to take it out, then I wouldn't wait anymore. Broken teeth can hurt in the long run. :whistle:

16. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Arrrg!!!! Dental woes are the worst. :wall:

I just had a "new" procedure done called LANAP where they use a laser to burn your gums so they re-attach to the tooth surface. No brushing for TWO WEEKS :faint: but you use a mouthwash 2X a day that is incredible. Liquid only diet for the first 10 days. :wall: 1 month follow up appointment today, then can floss I hope... :shifty:

Unkle Ish says: "Take care of your chompers!" :rolleyes:

17. Adrian Wong

I totally agree!! Now I take VERY good care of my teeth... using an electric toothbrush. It really is much better at cleaning than a regular toothbrush!

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, that's why I will always use one. The tip is smaller so it can reach deeper.

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

why ahh?

20. Adrian Wong

It's the brushing action. It does a better job of it than manual brushing can ever do.

I thought I was really cleaning my teeth with a regular toothbrush, but if I use the end of the toothpick to scrape my teeth, I will still get a substantial amount of plaque.

If I use the electric toothbrush properly, most (if not all) of it gets removed in the brushing process. Haven't been able to do that with a manual toothbrush unless I brush really hard. The electric toothbrush also makes it much easier to properly clean the teeth at the back (the molars).

However, you need to change the way you brush with the electric toothbrush. Otherwise, you still won't get your teeth cleaned properly.