Fridge problem

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, May 21, 2012.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

y'day toshiba fridge start to not cold anymore, so today called their nearest service centre and the 1st thing they say is i have to pay RM70 just for them to come have a look..what!! RM70 just to come have a look

Anything spoilt will be different charge, this i understand since my fridge already nearly 5 years old but RM70 just for them to come..feels like daylight robbery

Other brand like panasonic or samsung got charge like this?

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I just call someone to fix my 7 years old washing machine last Monday. We know for sure it was cloged somewhere but couldn't get to it.

The guy came remove a piece of specs-cleaning cloth from the drainage pipe. All in all less than 15 minutes job and RM80.

I say you got a bargain :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Unfortunately, if it's out of warranty, they will usually charge you to come and check out the appliance. :(

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Not really, RM70 just for on site, no repair included...

5. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Actually minor repair included, even if parts change usually there will not be any more labour charge. When I call them they already told me RM80 to be on site.

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

Rm70 just to come have a look and talk a few words is rather legal robbery at least to me

we called other repairman, come have a look tell us rm250 1 hour later done

god knows what those service center guy would charge to fix the faulty pipes on top of the rm70

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, everything is going up. I was talking to Floor Depot about wooden flooring.. you know, the quick-lock types.

If there's damage from a falling object, for example, it will cost me about RM 100-150 to replace the single piece of wood. Crazy, I know.. but that's how it is these days.

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yea, agree

this is the way they make money nowdays

if i called them and pay them RM70 then quote me say RM400, even expensive mentally im defeated cause of the RM70 end up just pay them whatever to fix it

clever way to make money :thumb: