Setting Up Maxis FTTH On The Technicolor TG784n v3 Gateway

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

When Maxis launched their FTTH (Fibre To The Home) service, they provided me with the Thomson TG784n router. Unfortunately, this router was not only slow, but very unreliable.

As it so happened, Maxis was starting to introduce a new router to their service - the Technicolor TG784n v3 router. I managed to get myself one of the new TG784n V3 routers, and I can attest that it loads much faster and seems to be more reliable. It still had the tendency to lock-up "permanently", requiring a hard reset to restore functionality. Hence, I got really familiar at setting up the router.

If you are facing the same problem, then you need to learn how to set up this router for the Maxis FTTH service. You don't want to rely on Maxis' customer service staff. They are often overworked, and unavailable. If you learn how to do it, you can probably solve the router problem faster than it takes them to get you a service report number. So let's get right down to it!

[​IMG]

Link : Setting Up Maxis FTTH On The Technicolor TG784n v3 Gateway

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Adrian Wong

Setting Up Maxis FTTH On The Technicolor TG784n v3 Gateway Rev. 2.0

When Maxis launched their FTTH (Fibre To The Home) service, they provided me with the Thomson TG784n router. Unfortunately, this router was not only slow, but very unreliable.

As it so happened, Maxis was starting to introduce a new router to their service - the Technicolor TG784n v3 router. I managed to get myself one of the new TG784n V3 routers, and I can attest that it loads much faster and seems to be more reliable. It still had the tendency to lock-up "permanently", requiring a hard reset to restore functionality. Hence, I got really familiar at setting up the router.

If you are facing the same problem, then you need to learn how to set up this router for the Maxis FTTH service. You don't want to rely on Maxis' customer service staff. They are often overworked, and unavailable. If you learn how to do it, you can probably solve the router problem faster than it takes them to get you a service report number. So let's get right down to it!

In this major revision, we updated various portions of the guide, added two more screenshots as well as a note on the SME Dynamic HSI(GPON)+VOIP option.

[​IMG]

Link : Setting Up Maxis FTTH On The Technicolor TG784n v3 Gateway Rev. 2.0

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

nice. would be useful for me !

4. Adrian Wong

You installed Maxis FTTH yet? If they give you the white TG784n, try to get it changed to the newer model with the black top. It's a lot more reliable.

5. kaka_azmi

kaka_azmi Newbie

Hi sir. I installed unifi at my residence few months ago and it came with the innatech router. The thing is the router is unreliable and most of the time the wifi is intermittent. Tried to call TM to exchange it but they refused to do so. So i went to my sister's place and found a working maxis gateway router there. Is there any possibility that it can be configured to work with unifi? thank you for your help.