Drinking Coca-Cola out of a glass bottle made of ice!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Off topic but very interesting for us geeks!

DYKT if you are in Colombia, you can enjoy drinking your Coca-Cola out of an ICE bottle??? Yes, an actual bottle made out of ice!

"This icy new drinking vessel is shaped like the traditional glass Coke bottle and has the company’s name etched into the ice, according to Coca Cola’s website. Alas, right now you can only find it in Colombia, and there’s no word yet if Coke will introduce it in any other countries. But apparently it’s pretty popular so far — according to the site, beachside vendors have sold an average of 265 bottles per hour.

If you’re at least a marginally curious person, then perhaps you’re wondering how this works. Basically, these bottles are made of silicone molds filled with micro-filtered water, frozen to -13° F. Once you’ve drunk all the Coke, the bottle melts away. Oh, and each bottles come equipped with a rubber red band to make it easier to hold the vessel. The band then doubles as a bracelet. Bonus!

- TIME.com"

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Man, I'm wanting to drink a Coca-Cola from ice-bottle! I hope I could try that one day... :thumb:

3. Adrian Wong

At the moment, it's only available at Colombia's beaches and only for this summer. Who knows if it will become a long-term thing... or even spread worldwide. :D

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Columbia's pretty warm. Here, we have a chance to get these too, as we are in the tropics. No worries, trends will spread around the world as fast as a speeding light. :)

5. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

So if you don't finish the drink fast enough, will the ice melt? Can you eat the bottle? :confused:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Someone did that in the video... :haha:

7. Adrian Wong

Yeah, you can eat it, or let it melt. It's just a bottle made out of ice.

Check out the guy chewing off the top of the bottle at 0:45 in the video. :thumb:

After it melts, you get a souvenir to take home - a wrist bracelet / band!

8. delessy

delessy Newbie

Drink the Coca-Cola in the bottle, then eat the bottle. That's interesting. Hope I can have a try of it.

9. Adrian Wong

Unfortunately, it's only available in Colombia at the moment... :(