my dad in trouble again

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

:dance: That's great news!

2. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

his infection still very bad though, now give him new meds..today too have high fever up to 39.5

very hard to say, more of a day by day now

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

He got infected? Is he in an isolation room?

Just keep visiting him, to keep his spirits up and to remind him what he's fighting for! :pray:

4. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

no, not in isolation

giving him antibiotics which i forget the name

is fever normal? doctors said his body is fighting the infection thats why having fever

5. Adrian Wong

The fever is not due to the stroke, but the stroke can reduce his body's immunity, so he's more susceptible to catching an infection during his stay in the ICU and the hospital. That's what we call a "nosocomial infection".

Hospitals are generally not very healthy places to be around. There are many sources of infection (e.g. infectious patients), even if the staff is very diligent about hygiene. That's why good doctors try to kick their patients out of the hospitals as soon as they are well enough.

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i just back from hospital..around 12am just now his heart rate, BP all drop again

give him alot medication now reading gone back up abit but still not very good

y'day he having fever but nothing much, everything is going good but suddenly things turn bad again

sigh

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

he's gone y'day 14th at 3.05pm

18 days he gone thru suffering he goes peacefully with a smiling facial expression

im devastated, still a shock but i know he gone to a better place without any worries and no more suffering because of his health

my adventure with him ended but his adventure watching over us just begun

thnaks again guys for the good wishes and support

8. Adrian Wong

OMG... So sorry to hear that... :(

My condolences to you and your family, PowerSlide... :(

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

done doing what i must as a son for him, a proper journey

everyone so sad today but everyone knows he is at a better place now happily looking down on us

10. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

My condolences.

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Very sorry to hear that... :(

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

me as son so hard when the time i have to send him off then all the time in the car sending him for cremation make me think this is the last time im with him in a car and here with me

because of who he is to me very hard to say goodbye

13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

14. Adrian Wong

I can somehow understand how you feel. I felt very sad when my grandparents passed away. Even though we didn't see each other all that often, we were quite close. :(

15. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

all this can be avoided if my father take good care of himself, heart attack is passed down but family history shows he can live longer than this..his big sis is 86 now but still very healthy and very well..also got heart attack but she take very good care

but my father heart attack and in 2011 diagnosed with asthma which can be avoided..too much for his body to take all of that

this is why its so heartbroken for us..he enjoyed his life too much but suffer too much as well..so sad still plenty of life in him but he have to go so early

16. Adrian Wong

I know how you feel. Our short life has been on my mind quite a bit recently. That's why I decided to bite the bullet to fix a medical condition I've been living with for umpteen years. It's hard but with some perseverance, I should be able to "fix" the problem once and for all. I will tell you guys about it when I succeed.

I think we should all learn to enjoy life in moderation, so we can enjoy a longer life. That said, I don't agree in doing all we can to extend life. It's good to indulge and enjoy life. Life is for living, after all.

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

So sorry the hear the news. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Powerslide.

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

agree what you said, death is unavoidable best is live all we can and accept this is what life is

i wish you all the best and let us know how it goes :)

thanks peaz :)

this morning done collect bones, everyone including me put a smile face..slowly bit by bit everyone accept that he is gone and this is what things are from now on..time to adapt to these changes and live a happy life just for him

19. Adrian Wong

It will get better... and next time your family gathers to remember him, it will be with fond memories.

My family is going to travel to Johor to celebrate my grandfather's 3rd death anniversary next week. It won't be a sad affair but a happy family gathering to remember him and celebrate his life when he was still with us.

20. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

Our dinner just now a rather quiet one without him, we lunch, dinner or supper everytime with him around but this time things feel weird. Its nice to celebrate and not only mourn..its even better with families around..i hope to do that in years to come

Been a week now, i think im not doing very well..everything settled down now the changes without him around hurting me badly. Not motivated to do anything not even interested to sleep for another new day, felt everything so meaningless pointless.