Pictures of my dinner

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Trinity, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Nice to see all the awesome stuff you do!:)

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

She lives a really amazing life. I envy her... :D

3. cypris

cypris Newbie

All I do is eat.... :|

4. Adrian Wong

And travel... and have fun! :D

5. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

:wave: Who is this cypris from yesteryear? :wave:

6. cypris

cypris Newbie

Buahaha! Yeah. That too :p

Just an old member who used to be pretty active on this particular thread. :wave:

7. cypris

cypris Newbie

Temaki, zaru soba, tempura, sashimi moriawase and custom Magnum ice cream. :dance:

Attached Files:

8. Trinity

:dance: cypris in the house!!!:dance:

9. Adrian Wong

Welcome back, cypris!

Okay, I have some pictures to share. Yesterday, our residents' association had a Hari Raya / Mid-Autumn Festival get-together... which includes an entire roasted lamb, satay, laksa, fried koay teow, fried chicken, ice kacang, etc...

We really packed on some pounds that evening! :thumb:

Attached Files:

10. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

s-a-t-a-y... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

11. Adrian Wong

It's like a kebab, with a difference - it's served with a peanut curry sauce. You dip the satay into the sauce before eating. Very yummy! :thumb:

We had beef and chicken satay that night. I probably ate like 20 of them. LOL! :mrgreen:

My son, Ryan, loves them too... just without the sauce, because it's spicy.

12. Trinity

Peach pie

With fried chicken and fries.:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  13. Adrian Wong

My dinner experience at Genji, Hilton Petaling Jaya

My recent dinner experience at Genji, Hilton Petaling Jaya, courtesy of WD Malaysia. More pictures @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tech-ARP/159819074179392

This is their Genji Signature Bento. Before ordering it, I asked the captain if this is really for one person. She assured me it was. Apparently, she was referring to a sumo wrestler... or the fact that I look like one! LOL! :haha:

They started with cawan mushi and a small garden salad... before unloading this mega bento in front of me!

This sumo-grade bento consists of :
    - Salmon & toro sashimi
    - Unagi kabayaki
    - Beef negima teriyaki
    - Shiromi furai (breaded deep-fried white fish)
    - Grilled salmon chili mayo
    - Soft shell crab uramaki
    - Rice
    - Miso soup
    - Pickles and fruits
    - Cawan mushi and garden salad (as mentioned earlier)

The sashimi served was really generous - thick slabs. I would have preferred if they sliced it smaller, so I wouldn't look like Doraemon chomping down on them! But it was really fresh and melted in the mouth. The taste was quite exquisite, especially since the wasabi it was served with was the real stuff, not horseradish.

The grilled salmon chili mayo was really nice too. Not overcooked and the mild chili-mayo sauce really went well with it.

The rest were good but not exceptional. It's hard to get common Japanese fare like unagi kabayaki, fried white fish (shiromi furai), soft shell crab uramaki and miso soup wrong. I didn't like the beef negima teriyaki though, and it would be nice if they served the rice with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.

But overall, this was a really nice bento, albeit one that is more suited to a sumo wrestler than an Asian dude who happens to look a little like one... LOL! :haha:

Looks 10/10, tastes 9.5/10. Value 9/10. Note : The portion size is 30-50% larger than an average person can handle. Even if you are a big eater, you might want to hold off on the appetizers... :haha:

Oh, don't worry. I had help to finish it. LOL! So I had some room for hand-made green tea ice-cream topped with azuki (red bean) paste. It was a really smooth and pleasant finish to a great night. Be sure to give it a try if you have space left! :twisted:

Attached Files:

14. Adrian Wong

More pictures of my dining experience at Genji... :thumb:

Attached Files:

15. Adrian Wong

Even more pictures of my dining experience at Genji... :beer:

Attached Files:

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Been there quite a few times. Pretty good. I love the green tea ice cream!

17. Adrian Wong

LICH! :twisted:

What do you normally order there?

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

No, I didn't pay when I go there too hehe...

Hmm... my family likes to order unagi, but it wasn't that great on our last trip there. I like their Udon.

19. Adrian Wong

Well, I like unagi too. :thumb:

But I wouldn't say that their unagi is spectacular... it's just unagi. Hard to tell the difference to be honest. :think:

Oh? I must try it then if I ever get to go there again.... :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

20. Trinity