TNB meter broken

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Nov 2, 2013.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

last month bill state i need to pay RM0.00 as whole month i just use 3kWh :haha: today it got even worst the whole thing gone blank completely :mrgreen:

called them let them know so they can come fix it but 2 weeks still nobody cared..tnb :wall:

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

lol, at least better than some people getting charged much higher with the new digital meter thing.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's even better. If they do come and check, you can always say you have already made a report!

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The new digital meter is the "rage". According to a TNB guy I talked to, they are not calibrated, and TNB refuses to calibrate them.

Oddly enough, they all seem to run about 20% faster than the old calibrated analog meters... :wall: :wall:

That's why I'm insisting that they do NOT change my analog meter to the new digital meter when they moved it during my house renovations... :roll:

5. Adrian Wong

Chai's right that at least you let them know, but you should at least follow that up with an e-mail. At least you have black and white evidence that you filed an actual report. They can always claim that there is no record of you calling them up to report it.

If that happens, then they can charge you for their own estimate of how much you used, and there's no way you can dispute it with them. You either pay the sum, or they cut your power supply... :wall:

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

mine is the digital one and they only change it july last year and that make my neighbors scared to death..must be some hanky panky again after they get caught few years ago :mrgreen:

it's better to let them know, dealing with them alot of hassle if they accuse me anything..lets see how it goes the lady again forward a report to the nearest tnb

7. Adrian Wong

Yeah, at least submit an official letter - a short notice would do. Have them make you a copy and stamp it. Then if they ignore the problem, it's THEIR problem. As long as you have black and white proof that you have done your due diligence, they cannot accuse you of neglecting to inform them of the problem. :beer:

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

they come and changed it last week, just a 5 min job..look so easy lol

9. Adrian Wong

To an electronic meter??? :?

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

can they still be 'modded'?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

11. Adrian Wong

AFAIK, no, the new electronic meters cannot be "modded".

They aren't calibrated though, according to TNB, but it's curious to see that they all run 15-20% faster than the older meters, never slower... :shifty:

12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

But this does mean they could, theoretically, be "calibrated" for better energy efficiency, no? :wicked:

13. Adrian Wong

I asked a TNB technician about this. He doesn't know how, because even he is subject to the higher charges in his TNB quarters! That's why he told me to make sure I keep the old analogue meter.

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

already electronic, they change it last year but so fast spoil lol

ive been told too these digital ones not moddable :mrgreen:

15. Adrian Wong

I have also heard that they can actually convey the readings back to HQ wirelessly, but I don't know if that's true, or maybe only some of them can do that.

If they transmit their usage wirelessly, maybe that's why they are virtually unmoddable.