time for another mechanical keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PowerSlide, Nov 15, 2013.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

this time im going small, but cant make up my mind between these 2

kbt pure pro
    [​IMG]

leopold fc660m
    [​IMG]

both comes with PBT keycaps, both are non standard which changing keycaps a headache but not a issue for me, both have good built quality and both priced very similarly at taobao

so hard to choose but can only afford one :mrgreen:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

White is the trend these days, but for practical reasons, I would go with the black.

How much are they? 2.4 GHz or Bluetooth?

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

white kinda sexy though but yea its hard to maintain

the pure pro in china 549yuan and leopold 587yuan..close pricing and i like both

they are wired not wireless but both comes with removable cable, another good must have feature at least to me

4. Adrian Wong

Oh, so they have like a mini-USB port on the keyboard with a USB to USB cable?

5. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Hard to tell from the pics but it seems that the white one has better placement of pg up/down and home/end buttons, so better for typing.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I always prefer numpad. that's the good thing about these keyboards, choices!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yeap, the port i dont know type A or something then the usual USB at the other end

the kbt pure pro have a even out of standard layout with small backspace and spacebar but the layout looks more clean and compact

keyboard like this is out of the usual design, but its really about choice and preference which i really like

im leaning more now towards the leopold, from review better build quality

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

end up i bought this, but the seller make a mistake sending me this 84 model rather than 87..but using it for few days loving it..not a mistake i would rant the whole world to know lol

at 1st kinda weird with the compactness of it but after few days its fine :thumb:

[​IMG]

9. Chai

What model is this?

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

keycool 84 white PBT brown switch

11. Adrian Wong

What's the difference between the 84 and 87 models? They look the same... :think:

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

84 is a mini model, 87 is the normal tkl

the space saving is great now i can bring my mouse closer, build quality is good nothing to shout about and for the price around RM230 its phenomenal value

13. Chai

the numbers usually represent the amount of keys.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk