Warm season and water cuts!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's for the MRT project, yes. I have no idea how they hit the water pipe. They should already know the location of all pipes in the area before starting work.

Anyway, my area is now affected by the water rationing exercise. The water is getting cut for two days, starting tomorrow. I hope our water tank lasts 2 days! :D

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Didn't you notice that many of such road works cause all sort of interruption from water, power, phone lines? I'm very doubtful they know where they were laid.

3. Adrian Wong

This is a major project. They are supposed to double-check the location of all the pipes and cables and get utilities to move those that are in the way. In fact, initially, we can see telcos moving their cables away. So we have no idea how they hit that pipe. It's apparently the main water pipe for the area. :wall:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Major project or not, they will continue to dig, regardless of anything underneath.

5. Adrian Wong

Yeah, they are on a tear because they have deadlines to keep. If they go past their deadlines, they will have to pay stiff penalties.

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Been getting water the past few days even though two of those days were supposed to be waterless... is the rationing still on or what?

7. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

... aaand water's gone again. Guess they forgot to flip the switch that last time around? :lol:

8. Adrian Wong

It's definitely on-going, because a lot of water was wasted in another pipe rupture - this time near the Kota Darul Ehsan arch on the Federal Highway 3 days ago. All the recent rainfall was for naught... :(