Toledo, Ohio drinking water issue

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PsYkHoTiK, Aug 4, 2014.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Oh, I'm doing alright. But the city is going nuts! All restaurants are closed. People are getting in long lines for water. Food hoarding at the grocery stores. I've never seen anything like it before!:shock: The authority's are supposed to speak in about an hour from now to say if the ban will be lifted any time soon.:pray: It's costing local restaurants big $$$ every day this continues. At least they haven't shut off the water so we can still flush with it and they say you can bath in it if you must. (as long as you don't have sensitive skin or liver problems.)

The church across the street gave us a case of water.:D So I did not have to get in one of those god-forsaken lines yet. Don't know what will happen if this continues...:faint:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

That's good, man. When I saw Toledo, OH, I immediately thought of you. haha! We need to swap emails addresses or something lol.

Come fly to Seattle/Redmond, WA and you can have all the water you want. And we can have a pizza bake off! :wave:

:p

Hang in there bud! Hopefully they lift it soon (and have everyone turn on the water to flush out the bad stuff)...

:pray:

4. Trinity

Just waiting on the update now, They say it should be any minute! At least I work in Oregon where the water is still OK... For now...:pray: So I can still work. Thank GOD!!!

MMM...:think: Pizza bake off.:beer: :dinner:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Your troubles are over, Trinity! :beer: :beer:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

BTW, over here where I live, we are preparing for water rationing due to insufficient water in the dam. Let's hope it's not as bad as they say it will be...

6. Trinity

Yeah, I've followed the water problems over there as well from post's here.:arp:

At least now everyone will stop hording the frozen pizza at the Kroger's....:haha:

7. Adrian Wong

Look at it as good practice for a zombie apocalypse! LOL! :haha: :haha:

8. Trinity

I think there is more truth to that then we know...:shifty:

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks like I need to start using waterless or rinseless car wash pretty soon. :(

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I still think it's quite absurd that a tropical country with that much rainfall can have water supply issues. <insert random words of choice here>

11. Adrian Wong

Ironic, isn't it? I'll bet Vegas doesn't get hit with water rationing like we do... :wall: :wall:

12. Adrian Wong

Well, if there is extended water rationing, and tempers start rising, I would suggest leaving the car dirty. Some people may get annoyed at clean cars and scratch them.

In my condo, there was a particular resident who insisted that his driver continue washing his car EVERY DAY during the last water rationing exercise. People started fuming about it, so we cut off the water to the car wash bays before words turned to fists... LOL...

13. Trinity

You can feel a little bit better, The city is now asking for no car washing and lawn watering.:rolleyes:

14. Adrian Wong

At least it's voluntary... not rationed. :D

15. Chai

That's nuts. There are so many ways to wash a car without using much water, using less water than bathing yourself is not that difficult.

16. Adrian Wong

Well, most people started using pails so they won't need to waste water spraying, but this driver just continued to spray water to clean his employer's car.

Anyway, it looks like the rumblings of water rationing are about to come true. I hope my water tank can last me through the dry days..

17. Chai

Even without water rationing, we should use water prudently.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

18. Adrian Wong

You are absolutely right. :thumb: :thumb:

Well, looks like the weather took a turn for the change, so who knows - it might rain enough to forestall the water rationing exercise. What a deluge it was this evening...

Sadly, Alan's car stalled in the floodwaters... I think the water got into the engine... :(

19. Adrian Wong

BTW, coming back to topic, it looks like the EPA may take over the water plant :

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

WATER... :beer: