What you see on the Internet isn't always what you get... :D

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

In this WeChat-inspired love affair, boy finally meets girl but beats her up after he discovered that she looked nothing like the pictures she posted online!

The "Prince Charming", Huang from Harbin, met Xiaojin who was from Suzhou on WeChat and fell in love at first sight. He then spent millions of RMB on plane flights and hotel accommodation to meet her face-to-face.

Unfortunately, when he finally got to meet her, he was shocked to discover... <drumroll!> that she looked nothing like her picture.

Even worse, this "Prince Charming" started to beat her up after she explained that she was wearing makeup in the photo and it was cropped and taken at an angle.

[​IMG]

Obviously, Huang was arrested for assault...

Well, the moral of the story, I guess, is don't believe everything you see (or read!) on the Internet. :mrgreen:

2. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I think the one on the left is cuter anyways.

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

i am with you :haha:

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

The scary thing is, the picture on the right looks almost like my cousin.

5. Adrian Wong

Seriously? Got a picture to compare with? :mrgreen:

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That guy should have double checked everything before he booked a flight! One picture couldn't tell the entire story! :faint:

7. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

well, that is why love is blind =D

8. Adrian Wong

Well, not so blind in this case... LOL! :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

More on this story....

She used the mobile app "Mei Tu" to beautify her picture, which was taken with lots of makeup and at a flattering angle.

He apparently spent over US$ 1,000 to fly about 2,300 km to meet her.

Anyway, the police settled the matter and Huang went home with a broken heart and an empty pocket...

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm sure the guy will talk with the lady through with a normal webcam if they are like wanting to see face-to-face casually. A static picture won't let you see the entire person in an instant. :think:

11. Adrian Wong

I have no idea if they did any video chats... but I reckon they would have at least chatted, if not shared photos.

12. Jocelyn

Jocelyn Newbie

Haha~I've read this piece of news too. Think twice and find more clues before you believe what you see on the Internet. Exactly! LOL