The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Huh... then why don't they just give everyone the upgrade kit? #doh

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

R9 280. Why?

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well that how stuff in Malaysia works... Though might get another one :haha:

4. Adrian Wong

Another one??? What for?? :D

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nice! :p

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

For storing games? :mrgreen:

7. Adrian Wong

You install so many??? :shock:

8. Chai

New definition of lich :haha:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

My old mod Smok Xpro M65 was acting up, increasing/decreasing the resistance and thus the wattage (safety feature) at its whims. :nuts: I got fed up. :wall:

So, I got a not new... but a 2nd hand mod from a colleague... a HERO! :D

Attached Files:

10. Adrian Wong

What do you mean by second hand "mod"??? What did he mod?

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mods... :D

https://www.ukecigstore.com/mods.html

2nd hand means it's not first hand... lol... he bought it, then bought another and then another... then have no use for this and sold it to me. :D

12. Adrian Wong

Seriously... I didn't know e-ciggies also had mods. :mrgreen:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Started these few years I think. Used to be one thick stick kind... now macam macam ada. :lol:

14. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Are those e-cigarettes cheap? I saw some dudes smoking with these a few days back. They only have nicotines inside, which is cleaner, I assume? :D

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well... for newbies, it's cheap to get started. But now with so many different kinds, you'd need around RM 200-300 to get a good combination of tank and the mod that you can play around with, plus battery, without juice.

The juice or e-liquid is basically:

It depends on where you get the juice actually, there are so many juices now especially local-made ones. For 30ml of normal local one is RM 40 per bottle. You can get cheaper China ones though which was what I started with. Another thing, there are so many flavours now!!! :D

Is it safe then? Technically, it should be. But juices are unregulated, so you really don't know how they make the juice, how clean their "lab" is, whether it's contaminated or not, etc. :|

The tank (the thing that hold the juice and create the vapor) that I'm using, Kanger Subtank mini, cost me around RM 175 when it was introduced, now is around RM 130. The mod (the thing with battery) that I'm using, Hero mod, I got it for RM 150 from a colleague, second-hand. New one costs around RM 200-300.

So, is it cheap? It depends... just like PC hardware. :lol:

After using e-cigarettte full time, I cannot stand the smell of normal analog cigarette now. I know how bad you guys suffer... :mrgreen:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  16. Adrian Wong

Just be careful of exploding e-cigarettes! :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

A man had a narrow escape when an e-cigarette he had bought to help him give up smoking exploded.

Red hot shards from the small metal pipe flew across Jonathan Tovey's bedroom, setting fire to the carpet and chair.

He said he was fortunate he was not in the room at the time.

"If I had been smoking it when it exploded, it would have taken half my face off," said the 23-year-old, of Hathern.

The incident happened on Thursday. Jonathan said: "I had been outside cleaning out our chickens when I came back in to have a coffee.

"I heard the smoke alarm go off and looked up the stairwell to see clouds of black smoke.

"I ran upstairs to see what had happened."

Finding his bedroom ablaze, he alerted the fire service but managed to douse the flames using jugs of water.

:shock: :shock: :shifty: :shifty:

17. Adrian Wong

Just be careful of exploding e-cigarettes! :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

A man had a narrow escape when an e-cigarette he had bought to help him give up smoking exploded.

Red hot shards from the small metal pipe flew across Jonathan Tovey's bedroom, setting fire to the carpet and chair.

He said he was fortunate he was not in the room at the time.

"If I had been smoking it when it exploded, it would have taken half my face off," said the 23-year-old, of Hathern.

The incident happened on Thursday. Jonathan said: "I had been outside cleaning out our chickens when I came back in to have a coffee.

"I heard the smoke alarm go off and looked up the stairwell to see clouds of black smoke.

"I ran upstairs to see what had happened."

Finding his bedroom ablaze, he alerted the fire service but managed to douse the flames using jugs of water.

:shock: :shock: :shifty: :shifty:

18. Adrian Wong

Apparently, the battery is the problem.... :silenced:

A faulty battery caused an electronic cigarette to explode in a Florida’s man’s mouth, taking out some of his front teeth and a chunk of his tongue and severely burning his face, fire officials said Wednesday.

[​IMG]

Tom Holloway, 57, of Niceville, was trying to quit smoking so he was puffing on the device Monday night when it blew up, fire officials said. Officials have not identified the victim, but a Facebook page under his name was filled with well-wishers commenting on the injury and database searches matched his address with his name.
    “The best analogy is like it was trying to hold a bottle rocket in your mouth when it went off,” said Joseph Parker, division chief for the North Bay Fire Department. “The battery flew out of the tube and set the closet on fire.”

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm using Samsung INR18650-25R battery. The thing about all these mods is that it's not regulated by anyone, so they just come out fast and furious because there are just too many competitors. QA is a problem. I had a mod, Smok M65, which was ok in the beginning... then it started to increase my resistance and thus the safety feature kicked in and dropped my wattage to 6W. Happened so many times. There were a few times that after I vaped... it continued to burn... non-stop... that I have to quickly remove my tank from the mod. It's scary... should be a faulty board. :doh:

That's why I changed it. :doh:

20. Chai

Yes, most electronic devices explode due to batteries. Use good quality batteries especially lithium ions like most e-cig uses. To be even safer, get protected cells.