Malaysian Assholic Driver Of The Day - WWY 9222

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

At around 11:27 am on the 22nd of June, 2015, a Mercedes-Benz S350 with the number plate WWY 9222 ran a red light and almost hit me. Fortunately, I saw him barrelling down the road at high speed and braked in time to avoid an accident.

This ******* ran the red light even though it turned red for at least 5 seconds.

Just because he drives a goddamn Merc S-class does not put him above the law. The PDRM should fine this *******!

Pardon my French... but I have a child in the car and an accident could have caused considerable damage to the car and probably my son too. This kind of behaviour is just unacceptable. :hand:

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it could be that the driver's mind was somewhere else and it was not entirely intentional. not that it's right. am not siding him. just that sometimes shit happens and we get completely stunned / distracted.

i once took a wrong train home :haha: :haha: :haha: I had more than 5-10mins to observe my surrounding :haha: :haha: :haha: my mind was just completely blown.

the driver seemed to signal alright after that oh ****kk! moment :haha: :haha: :haha:

anyway, glad that you and your kid are :thumb: :thumb: take care!

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yea, don't forget that some traffic light junctions are very badly designed and confusing. The infamous one is the penchala link towards taman tun. A major accident waiting to happen.

I seem to recall that the lights at that mutiara damansara junction is not very visible. The top mounted one cannot be seen when you are near because of the slope. Maybe the lights are blocked by some trees. I need to take note when I pass by there again.

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Not taking sides here too - some drivers can be fatigued due to driving very long distances, and could overlook a red signal. :faint:

Glad you and your kid and the car are all allright too. :thumb:

5. Adrian Wong

The Mutiara Damansara traffic light isn't visible to those who stop at the junction, because it's placed right in the center of the junction (you can see it directly in front at the beginning of the video), instead of further down.

This means those waiting at the traffic light will have to crane their heads up to see if it turns green. That's why the first cars always get honked at.

But for those coming from Tesco, the red light will be visible at quite a distance. Besides, the red light was on for at least two seconds before I started moving. Taking into account the other four seconds before I "met" him at the middle of the junction - that's 5-6 seconds for him to notice the red light and of course, my car turning into his lane.

He could have braked, but he didn't. He just barrelled through. In the video, you can see me brake about a second or so before he came into view. That was because I saw him from the corner of my eye, driving at high speed.

If I didn't notice him and braked in advance, I think he would have hit me for sure.

6. Adrian Wong

Well, I doubt this was the case because he didn't even brake. He just barrelled right past me.

After he got caught up in traffic, you can see him switch lanes. He also kept signalling to the right. He was definitely in a hurry, and was trying to get people to let him pass.

Actually, this junction is notorious for people coming from Penchala Link not obeying the red light. During heavy traffic, they would even jam up the junction, preventing people from my side the right to turn out to the junction.

Malaysian drivers... :wall:

7. Adrian Wong

It was lunch time lah... not late at night. :mrgreen:

8. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Yep, even if it your turn , green. I will look at other traffic for any @SS ppl like this. defensive driving.

9. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Oh, no wonder you have been a bit too shocked. That driver could be a manager trying to rush to do something, probably urgent business matters.:faint:

I do encounter this too. Almost bumped them but lucky I went at a moderate speed so I do have time to stop/slow down my car.:faint:

10. Chai

Maybe he was too hungry. Lol

11. Adrian Wong

LOL! Rushing to get one of the last Happy Meal Minions? :haha:

12. Chai

Wrong direction though... Lol

13. Adrian Wong

LOL! True! :haha: