Looking for cameras? Post all questions here!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dashken, Jun 5, 2005.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

2. peaz

Looks like I found the worthy replacement for the X100! I like this quote the most in the first impressions article.
    "What the hybrid viewfinder helps to reinforce is the sense that the X-Pro2 itself is a specialized tool: a camera whose operation is as anachronistic as its appearance and as steeped in tradition as the film stocks it simulates. While the X-T1 feels like a mirrorless camera that behaves like an SLR, the X-Pro2 feels like something more esoteric: a camera that wants to be shot with a 24, 35 or 50mm equivalent prime."

LOL. SO true. Exactly how I felt with the X100.

3. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Now if only Fuji would make a 23mm f/2 lens for their X-mount. When I had the X-Pro1 I found myself using the EVF more than the OVF with the 35/1.4... whereas I had no problem working with the OVF of the various X100 models.

The other thing I would have liked is if they had their shutter speeds in half (or third) stops, otherwise they are a lot less useful for my usage style. But eh... its just a minor quibble... for Fujis I've always left the shutter dial in A and used the EC dial, as their histograms have been quite accurate for my use.

4. peaz

But they have a 23mm f1.4!

5. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

That one's too big, it's more for SLR-styled bodies like the XT-1. Rangefinder-style needs smaller lenses...

6. peaz

Yea. That I do agree. Haven't been in touch with the photography world for quite a while now. Now that the X-Pro 2 is getting me back interested, what would you recommend for a nice pancake lens for the X Mount

7. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I dunno... the only native X-mount lens I've used on an X-Pro1 was the 35/1.4, which is a pretty good 50mm-equiv, but not what you'd call pancake. The 27/2.8 is supposedly good, as is the new 35/2. I hear the 18/2 is crap though... which is a pity for those of who are 28mm-natives -- the only decent alternatives for this range is the Nikon Coolpix A, Ricoh GR and Leica Q.

Also 23mm is lacking, unless we want to go with the big 23/1.4...

8. peaz

Yea. looking at the list of X Mount lenses, it still is kinda lacking after so many years. And the 27/2.8 seems like the best everyday choice.

9. Mason james

Mason james Newbie

Nikon D3500 is best.they offer many features

10. Not bad though, Nikon D3500 is the perennial favorite for beginners, students, and anyone on a budget.

GhoulGamer likes this.
  11. GhoulGamer

GhoulGamer Newbie

Yeah, I have 1 and I used it when I was a beginner. Now I still have it and I think I'm going to give it to my friend's son.