Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Chai, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Hmm...

Compared to the 1511 update, it doesn't really look like much and could have been handled by a couple of separate KB updates. Dunno why MS decided to go and specially name this out...

Oh well, I'm just gonna wait until Windows Update automatically downloads and updates my devices.

3. Chai

I was quite surprised that the update is just like from 8.0 to 8.1. It's like an upgrade. The changes are pretty mixed bag. I didn't like the changes to the Start Menu. Still trying to learn about the differences. I'm a little disappointed to be honest.

I'm currently testing the Edge with Ad Block extension. I don't like both Firefox and Chrome TBH. I'm going to give Microsoft another try.

4. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Edge is buggy, everytime you open it the window is offset from its original position towards the bottom right. Dunno if this update will fix it. Either way, it's too minimalistic and I don't use it.

5. Chai

I like browser to be simplistic, the purpose of a browser is just to load websites IMO. I'm using browser to load Facebook in my Android too. So far, it works pretty well, very stable and fast. I will switch to Edge as my permanent browser.

6. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I'm like HELL NO!!! to Windows 10. Staying with 7 as long as I can.

7. Chai

But why? Have you tried? I was using it in Virtualbox for over a year before I upgrade. :haha:

8. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

My X1 Carbon was the first machine to receive the update. Not sure if I like the interface changes yet... it's like every update, they like to rearrange the order of some buttons/icons just to throw you off. T__T

It also reset the windows of some apps (I always have Photos, News, Mail maximized).

Reset my Synaptics mouse driver settings.

Like all the previous major updates, has that silly "Hello, we've upgraded blah blah blah" presentation the first time you login -- and this plays for every user account on that machine. Bleh.

Well, I hope the fixes to battery life and connected standby are worth it...

9. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Hmm... interesting... they really are rolling out the update in stages. While my Lenovo already got updated earlier, but my other MSI notebook reported nothing when I checked for updates.

10. Chai

Other than the rearrangement, I don't see any differences. But luckily it is customizable.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk