The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I thought really long on this. Decided to get a smaller and more portable 35mm setup. X-Pro 2 is very tempting but also a lot more expensive.

As for the tele and wide converters, I'd likely resell it. Kinda annoying to use and makes very little difference. And this would make my purchase even cheaper.

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I think the wide might be useful, 28mm can be handy in some situations. Though I guess the optical viewfinder makes things a bit difficult as it doesn't fully cover the view unlike the Leica rangefinders. Needing to switch converter modes in the menu can be an annoyance.

But the 50mm converter? Yeah, too big n bulky.

3. peaz

Never really found the need for the 28mm focal length. Even in a tight room, I still can manage. Outside, all I need to do is just step backwards. The viewfinder is ok. Used to it already. The issue is quickly switching them. To do it, I have unscrew the filter adapter and screw in the lens. No easy way to do it quickly.

I really have no idea why online reviews recommends them. It is really not that useful though the quality is quite amazing. Both IQ and BQ.

4. peaz

Wow. No recent purchases anyone? Ok. Maybe let me revive this thread.
    [​IMG]

Chai likes this.
  5. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I just became the owner of a Nintendo Wii!:beer:

Chai and peaz like this.
  6. peaz

7. peaz

Toy #2 for the week.
    [​IMG]

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

What's the second toy? :think:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I picked up this unobtanium. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_YongGrand, Trinity and peaz like this.
  10. peaz

It's this. [​IMG]

11. Trinity

LUCKY!!!! I couldn't get one.:(

12. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I like it very much! Great console! :)

Someone actually did a disassembly later - revealed that it's using a quad-core ARM CPU with some decent amount of memory inside!

What's inside the NES Classic Edition

Trinity likes this.
  13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

@Psykotik - Since they have "Ghosts and Goblins" - did they actually fixed that hilarious ending? "Congraturations, this story is happy end, thank you"?

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

My first guess was a vacuum, but I could guess the brand on the first try. Now I know... LOL..

15. peaz

LOL. Gotta say it's pretty good for the price.

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I bought a Xbox One S (4k Blu-ray player).

I have to say, I almost prefer the XB1 over the PS4 at the mid product life point. Anyone that knows me knows that I tend to dislike MSFT hardware (especially their consoles). But I have to say, they've been innovating whereas Sony had been relatively stagnant since release. (In terms of console features) I love the Minecraft packaging! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinity likes this.
  17. Chai

Hmm, it's not that big of a difference, right? Apart from the Ultra HD player, and smaller size?

18. Trinity

What region is your mini?

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It's more so the features of the platform. The Ultra HD player is pretty big (seriously, wtf Sony) - it's the cheapest 4k UHD Blu-ray player on the market. The software/platform side has evolved quite a bit (cross buy/multiplayer between XB1 and PC via the "Play Anywhere" is awesome).

I'm also bitter about the lack of backwards compatibility on the PS4 (they're pimping their PS Now service - which does nothing for folks like me who don't want to "re-buy stuff"). Role reversal this time around with MSFT providing a cool way for backwards compatibility (recognizes X360 disc and downloads a digital copy from their store - to play, disc must be inserted for the "license" when you want to play).

The PS4's UI is clunkier than the XB1's (especially after the big update from last year). The XB1 is also a great media device. Even the first gen XB1 had the ability to have a sattelite receiver hooked up to it, but it was still kind of "meh" at launch. The control you have over the media settings on the XB1 is pretty mindblowing (coming from MSFT). Turning on/off my XB1s now also turns on/off my AV Receiver, sattelite receiver, and TV. But I can set it to "toggle" or "do nothing" for each separately (and can control all devices).

Only gripe is that you can't replace the internal HDD like you can on a PS4 (though at least you can hook up an external HDD at the back as a consolation).

US. I bought it at the local Costco for $230. :D

Sign in to your Microsoft account

20. Chai

Yea, it's pretty ironic that PS3 was the cheapest BD player, and now XB1 S is now the cheapest UHD BD player...

Trinity likes this.