The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow! Nice! I would love to have that! Chest mount is probably still the best angle IMO.

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Tried doing a test recording. Nothing really specific, just recording a short ride and then seeing what's available using Garmin VIRB Edit -- which is very limited. Transitions are difficult to adjust, no color grading at all, no audio mixing at all... even the trimming functions are a pain to work with. But tons of G-Metrix overlays to play with. Crappy BGM is all courtesy of VIRB Edit too. :lol::whistle:

3. Chai

Sony has its own Action Cam Movie Creator. Have you tried that?

4. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Sony's software isn't really any much better, and its choice of GPS overlays isn't as good as Garmin's.

5. Chai

I've never used any GPS overlay before, probably too boring, hardly exceeding 20kmh. :haha:

6. Chai

Haven't posted here in a while. Asus RT-AC86U wireless router.

DSC_7887.jpg DSC_7905.jpg

7. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Latest addition to the action cam family!!

IMG_20180331_221236.jpg

8. Chai

Wow...Karma Grip...

9. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I compared between the FeiyuTech G5 waterproof gimbal and Karma Grip on Youtube, seems like in most reviewers' footage there's a bit of occasional jitter with the FeiyuTech whereas the Karma Grip was completely smooth. However FeiyuTech has that magic selfie mode which the Karma Grip lacks... hopefully no one will want to see my ugly mug! :haha:

Also Karma Grip isn't exactly waterproof, had to research high and low to find out that it is kind of "splash proof"... so a bit of rain is ok but don't get it drenched. But since the grip can also power the Hero6 means longer recording life for it, which is a plus.

10. Chai

Did you research on the Zhiyun version?

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Does it support the AIMesh firmware? How much did you get it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Nope, I was looking at what's available at Action Camera - Stabilizer and they didn't have Zhiyun there.

13. Chai

Yup, AC86U is supported. I got it for RM670+ from 11street using discount voucher code. It's probably cheaper if you order directly from Taobao, RM500+ only. And it's selling at RM1100+ here. :nuts:

14. Chai

Did you get your Sony X3000 from there as well?

15. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

No, bought it directly from Key Color, Mid Valley. They had the promo package with wireless remote screen, thumb grip and 32gb memory card. Though the memory card is useless to me, I added a 128gb for it.

16. Chai

LOL. I bought my X1000 from there as well. Surprisingly, they are one of the cheapest. The promo package is actually from Sony, so it was Malaysia-wide.

17. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Been looking for a primarily stills camera, but also strong video performer as well. Canon has the best C-AF performance with their DPAF sensors but suck in actual video quality. Sony's are pretty good but no flippy screen! In the end, narrowed down to either Panasonic GH5 or G9 and ended up with this:

IMG_20180501_203547.jpg

Trinity likes this.
  18. Chai

Nice G9! Just curious, which Sony were you looking at?

19. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

A6500, oldie but goodie. Rolling shutter is particularly nasty though, and cost for body + 16-70 + external monitor (to compensate for lack of flippy screen) is prohibitive.

RX10iv, very nice video features... but very expensive for what it is.

A7iii, seemes pretty good but wasn't available yet. And because it's still new, would have to wait for Capture One to support the RAWs.

FDR-AX700, no stock, didn't get to play with it.

20. Chai

Very little market for dedicated video camera these days, I guess?