The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I bought a new sub woofer.

My Polk PSW505 died and I replaced it with a (far better) ELAC S12EQ.

It's pretty huge!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has built in room correction too:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my FruitPhone using Tapatalk

Chai likes this.
  2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I've been in a bit of a speaker streak right now...

I'm holding out for a (better) deal on floorstanding speakers (pretty set on the ELAC Uni-Fi UF5 - they're going for $450 a piece right now).

But to hold me over, some Polk T50 went on sale for stupid cheap ($68 a piece lol) so I can use these while waiting (semi) patiently.

[​IMG]

The_YongGrand and Trinity like this.
  3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's way cheaper than my Malaysian made bookshelf! :nuts:

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Psykotik! You have that scroll of the chinese goldfish painting there too! I rarely see them being on the walls nowadays! :thumb:

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  5. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I prefer that middle finger thingy... :haha:

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Just picked up a new piece of gym equipment. Did a quick test workout, really puts a lot of emphasis on the triceps, forearm muscles and wrists. :lol::haha:

IMG_20180616_131203.jpg

7. Chai

Nice dumbbell! And you can add up to 1.7kg if you don't admit you are weak!:haha:

8. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

9. Chai

10. Trinity

Yeah, I missed out on the NES classic the first time around a few years ago.:wall:

11. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

DSC00040.JPG
    Fresh out of the box, still charging... :drool::drool::drool:

Currently set my region to a zip code in Oregon, United States..... dunno if that's the best option, or if there is a better alternative... :think:

Trinity likes this.
  12. Trinity

I bought a new radar detector last weekend. Uniden R3. One of the best on the market or 'the' best depending who you ask.:cool: It has so many options. I'm loving it!:) BTW, are radar dectectors legal in MY?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  13. Chai

Hmm...No idea if it is illegal here... :think:

14. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Some new toys just arrived from B&H this morning:

IMG_20180924_120624_resized_20180924_122836463.jpg

Must be quite a profitable business for these video capture guys, considering most cameras already have some kind of USB tethering support but their respective manufacturers never bothered to implement capturing the live feed (but it's there!! when you do remote capture, you're already getting a live feed!!!) :roll::roll::roll:

IMG_20180924_120738_resized_20180924_122836101.jpg IMG_20180924_120847_resized_20180924_122835679.jpg

This MagFilter thingy allows 52mm filters to attach to a camera without filter threads via a magnetic ring... but there's a tiny bit of vignetting noticeable at the widest 24mm setting which goes away by 28mm. :think:

IMG_20180924_121019_resized_20180924_122835084.jpg IMG_20180924_121404_resized_20180924_122834696.jpg IMG_20180924_121427_resized_20180924_122834334.jpg

15. Chai

Is HD60S something like a Atomos Ninja without the screen? Are you planning to use it on your G9?

16. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I suppose in a way, you can consider it like a screenless Atomos Ninja... but the more common purpose of the HD60S is for feeding the video directly into streaming software (like OBS, XSplit, etc).

17. Chai

Ah...ok. I hate live streaming, so didn't know that's the main use. I have OBS installed on my machine without knowing the main purpose of it... :haha:

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Finally, the tower speakers I've been waiting for went on sale!

ELAC Uni-Fi UF5: Uni-Fi UF5 – Elac

MSRP is $500 a piece and I got them for $320 (was waiting for them to hit $400).

I've heard the Debut speakers and they were amazing. Looking forward to listening to these now.

Will match the ELAC sub I got a few months ago.

Now to wait for the centers to come on sale so I can phase out the Polk center I have right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Chai and peaz like this.
  19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Also bought a Apple Watch Series 4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Chai likes this.
  20. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Got the latest Hero 7 Black. The "black" model is actually sort of black this time around! :lol:
    11001127.jpg

The claimed gimbal-like Hypersmooth turns out to be pretty good. Nowhere near a gimbal though, but under ideal circumstances (enough light, not overly crazy movements) it does come out very smooth and easy to mistake for a gimbal.

Took it out for a spin at PD beach yesterday. I uploaded it in 4K30P but I think you need specific browser or app in order to actually get the 4K option: