The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, got it from Sam. By far the cheapest I found so far. I have never heard of the battery indicator before, you don't have to use the charger, right?

You are really lucky to have a good mechanic as your neighbour... :thumb:

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

The battery indicator just measures your available battery charge and gives you a 3-level reading (green, orange, red). It connects directly to the car battery and you can directly connect your charger/conditioner to it (the orange plug on your charger). Should be able to get it from Sam also.

Chai likes this.
  3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Latest toy. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

What is it?:confused:

5. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

DJI Osmo Pocket, tiniest 4K video camera with a motorized gimbal. It's actually pretty good, hardware-wise... but has some annoying software aspects.

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I AM MUSIC DRUMMER !!! :cool::dance::haha:
    IMG_20190126_202903.jpg

7. Chai

Nice!

8. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

IMG_20190202_143749.jpg
    Got this from AEON Mid Valley... not exactly the kind of place you would expect me to buy IT stuff... but then again, I had a crapton of cash vouchers to unload!! :dance::lol:

9. Chai

Wow... that's a lot of vouchers... :shock:

10. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup. That's what it is. And atwl summed it up well! The hardware is impressive. You don't really realise how small it is until you hold it in your hands. It's really small for what it does. And it feels really solid and has a premium heft and feel to it. The gimbal works really well.

The image quality is what you'd expect from a modern smartphone. I'd rate it slightly lower than the iPhone XS but in most cases comparable.

The main reason why I went with the Osmo Pocket is its portability. This is pretty much as good as a phone + mobile gimbal combo. It works standalone pretty well but the small screen is a little to cumbersome to fiddle around to config the camera settings. Doable but involves a lot of swipes and taps. Plug it to the phone and your phone becomes a large viewfinder and all the settings are more accessible.

It's software is decent. I suspect (and hope) it would improve over time. It does the regular video and photos pretty well. It can stich up 180 deg and 9x photo panoramas pretty well though it actually has the range of movement to stitch up a 360 deg pano.

I liked the motion time lapse mode but it takes a little experimenting to get a good length of video.

The tracking capability works pretty well. But on the phone software, it needs you to tap and drag frame over the subject to be tracked. I don't find it very intuitive as I rather just be able to double tap on the subject and have the camera software figure out what it needs to track. It works like that when the Osmo Pocket works standalone but the screen is really too small to tap on the right subject most of the time.

But overall. It's a great option for taking videos and a gadget worth considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I bought a record player

[​IMG]

Audio-Technica LP120 USB.

Been wanting to get into vinyls for a while.

Just connected it to my home theater setup.

Denon AVR X3400H receiver and through my ELAC Uni-Fi towers and S12EQ subwoofer

Sent from my FruitPhone using Tapatalk

12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

ooo pretty... but those cheapo bundled RCA cables have got to go! :lol:

13. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Incidentally, I also got some Audio Technicas. M70X. :mrgreen:

IMG_20190217_200447.jpg

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  14. Chai

Nice Audio Technicas... :thumb:

15. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Canon is being pretty aggressive with their EOS RP... body-only comes with free EF mount adapter as well as 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mbps card at about RM5.5k, making it the cheapest current-model full frame camera around (well, unless you count the old Sony A7 MkII).

DSC00298.JPG

Didn't bother with native RF lenses though, still have a ton of my EF lenses that all operate pretty well with the adapter.

DSC00299.JPG

Mic jack in the wrong place though... :roll:

PSX_20190302_205403.jpg

...but I guess they accounted for that since the plug doesn't actually block any actual screen real estate? :lol:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  16. Chai

Nice, and that's really affordable for a full frame camera. How I wish Z6 were this cheap... :think:

17. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I probably have more RAM and storage than most off-the-shelf laptops today :shifty:
    PSX_20190505_182418.jpg

Chai likes this.
  18. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Interesting that this actually works quite well. Quick hassle-free setup, although I only tested with the default voice recorder app which is very basic and doesn't have much control at all. :think:

PSX_20190507_112620.jpg

peaz likes this.
  19. Chai

That's actually quite sad and true, and it's getting over-killed on a phone.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  20. Chai

I bought this ADATA SX8200 Pro M.2 NVME 512GB drive for RM382, which is by far the cheapest high performance NVME drive on the market right now.

I bought a PCIE to M.2 adapter to utilise the speed of the drive.

DSC_2145.JPG DSC_2147.JPG DSC_2150.JPG DSC_2146.JPG

peaz likes this.