The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Caved in and finally decided to go back to a dual external monitor setup. Especially when I mostly use the MacBook in clamshell mode these days. Got the LG 27UL600-W to pair with my existing 27UD88-W.

Got a monitor arm as well to keep things neat and tidy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    zy, Chai, atwl77 and 1 other person like this.
  2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Color balance looks off

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  3. peaz

Can’t get the new monitor (the one on the left) properly set up yet. The photos is OOTB with the HDR mode on. I think HDR on such monitors is pointless. It’s only good if you get a proper wide gamut HDR display.

Turning HDR mode off is better.

The one on the right is the 27UD88 which is factory calibrated for sRGB profile. The colour on that monitor is a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

A peek at the truck I bought last year.:)

Attached Files:

• 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
    zy, PsYkHoTiK, peaz and 1 other person like this.
  5. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Paw prints on hood due to this guy. 039.JPG 050.JPG

zy, atwl77 and PsYkHoTiK like this.
  6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Nice. Slickdeal? Why not the Embody?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  7. zy

I think I have the same monitor arm as you, but without the USB ports. Where did you gets yours?

I see a 4 to 2 port ugreen USB switch. Haha.

I have mine using a USB 2.0, 1 to 4 PC switch.

8. peaz

Haha. the ugreen switch is a lifesaver!
    I bought the monitor arm off a local e-commerce store Shopee, this is a brand less OEM one, either china or taiwan made.

9. zy

Is that an old repurposed as webcam?

10. peaz

zy likes this.
  11. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Got a new wireless speaker - Audio Pro Addon C10.

PSX_20200810_153059.jpg

I've been interested in Audio Pro's Addon series for quite a while. Back in 2014 when I went shopping for a wireless speaker at CMY Audio in 1 Utama I was originally looking for Audio Pro but they didn't have any stock at the time so I ended up with the 1st gen Naim Mu-So. Fast forward to 2020 and suddenly Audio Pro is showing up even in normal gadget shops; I saw them at Flash Gadgets Mid Valley Megamall, so I took the dive.

On its own, it sounds pretty good. A lot better than many of the portable, battery-powered wireless speakers available today. It's only when I compare them to a higher end speaker, like the Naim Mu-So, then I notice the difference in quality. The C10 has somewhat of a dip in the mid range, a bit similar to what you would get from 2.1 computer speakers where the range of the tweeters and the bass meet, and it can be quite apparent depending on music. Lindsey Stirling's Take Flight, for example, her violin has much more "body" on the Mu-So than the C10. And then of course there is the soundstage, there's no way the C10 will be able to compete with the Mu-So's wider spread of speakers, but they still have better dimension than your typical 360-degree wireless speaker such as the Bang & Olufson Beolit or Ultimate Ears Boom or Mega Boom.

Overall, it's not gonna replace the Mu-So, which retains its place in the living room. The C10 will, however, live on my computer table instead.

There's only one concern with the woofer -- it's exposed which can be bad with kids in the house, lol. So I built my own cardboard cover to protect the speakers when I'm not using it.

20200810_153356.jpg 20200810_153423.jpg

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Chai likes this.
  12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It was on sale at Herman Miller (and on Amazon)

I really like the Aeron and chatting with Herman Miller, it's the best thing for folks with lower back issues (haha, getting old ).

Sent from my FruitPhone using Tapatalk

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I love touching speakers as a kid. :haha:

zy and Trinity like this.
  14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

New wireless setup.

I really didn’t need the router functionality - just the using the wireless access point feature (using my OPNsense setup for my router), but it’s nice to get a Triband WiFi 6 mesh setup (range is really good).

[​IMG]

Picked this up for $440 before tax.

atwl77 and Chai like this.
  15. peaz

Wow. $440 is cheap for that. This is close to 1K SGD here now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Giant oversized mouse pad. RGB looks pretty neat... though eventually I think I'll get bored with it and just disconnect the thing! :lol:

20200905_143008.jpg

20200905_143946.jpg

--- Insert corny "a few hours later" voice ---

Ok, turned off the RGB, lol. Also spent some time cleaning up my desk. I figured I didn't really use the second screen much, so I moved the laptop off the main desk to clear up space. Looks a bit cleaner now... though still lotsa hanging cables at the back...

20200905_180232.jpg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Is that a ZV1 on the table? :wicked:

18. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

:whistle:

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I was fortunate enough to get a new job and was able to pick a work laptop that I wanted to use.

My options was between a 4th gen Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 or a 15 inch Surface Book 3.

I was leaning towards the ThinkPad (because I already have a thunderbolt 3 eGPU), but decided to go with the surface book 3 since they sent a dock and are sending two monitors to use as I work from home (they've extended it through end of next January). I bought some monitor arms and my personal laptop and eGPU already has two monitors so it'll be quite crowded on my desk while we're in "social distancing". I was sent a wireless keyboard and mouse and will have a set of wireless headphones to use for calls / meetings too.

I've used the first gen Surface Book and I liked it. This one is a bit bigger and heftier, but I do like the screen, resolution, and has the oompf and RAM for my line of work (Business Intelligence / Analytics).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that you guys are well and healthy!

atwl77 and Chai like this.
  20. upload_2020-9-25_12-22-13.png

having fun with my new toy

PsYkHoTiK likes this.