The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. You really need a bigger desk and in my opinion, 49 is much better than 34. :lol:

2. GhoulGamer

GhoulGamer Newbie

upload_2021-8-16_11-31-21.png
    The best gaming PC not only saves you the effort of building your own, but it also might be the only way to pick up a new GPU these days.

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Picked up a couple of Xbox Elite Series 2 controllers (yay work discounts )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The case is super snazzy - there's a charging dock attached magnetically (which is removable) and a slew of optional things like road and thumbsticks.

[​IMG]

Compared to a regular controller that I use with the Xbox Series X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chai, peaz, zy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

When are you going to get the Plaid?:cool:

5. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

That d-pad looks weird but at least there's a traditional replacement in there. Wonder how the Bluetooth response time is on PC... looks like a nice controller for Forza... :think:

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

[​IMG]

Bought yet another external SSD. This is the new version of the SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD that’s refreshed to support 1000MB/s read/write speed. In my test (Surprisingly small and fast! Reviewing the SanDisk Extreme SSD E61 review), it comes quite close to the claim. Not bad at all! Paid about SG$175 for it.

So if you’re looking for and external SSD drive, this is a pretty good one to get. Legit speed, small and light too.

Chai, atwl77 and zy like this.
  7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Cool. Got to use the 10gbps usb-c to get that speed. Decent price too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

The Tesla?

I'm car shopping right now

Trinity likes this.
  9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I haven't connected it to the PC yet. The new Xbox Series S|X controllers has switching between console and PC - this one does not (it's due for a refresh I'm sure)

It has the best d pad on a controller hands down (comparing it to the switch pro and PS5 controller).

There are no "squishy" buttons on it at all (even the Xbox button is tactile)

10. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

My Logitech shifter was severely underused because the cars I usually race with typically use sequential shifters - either stick or paddle, depending on car. So I got an upgrade:

20210907_213314.jpg

The h-shifter feels a lot more solid and confident compared to the plasticky Logitech:
    20210907_222020.jpg

But I didn't get this for the h-shifter. It takes a bit of unscrewing to change modes to sequential shifter. Unfortunately the sequential shifter plate is a cheaper plastic compared to the metal h-shifter plate. Also the shifting feel is regulated by a very simple spring, which isn't as nice... :(
    20210907_222242.jpg 20210907_222316.jpg

On the bright side, supposedly the shifter knob is a "standard" design so maybe some day if/when I decide to venture out into the world again, I could go visit a car accessory shop and get a nicer knob? :think:
    20210907_222720.jpg 20210907_222750.jpg

Also the included USB cable is a bit on the short side... had to go dig for an extension cable. But afterwards it plugs in and works fine without needing any drivers on Win10. :thumb:
    20210907_231438.jpg

Chai and PsYkHoTiK like this.
  11. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I knew it.. lol

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure there's an aftermarket plate for the sequential...

13. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Yep, quick Google search hits a couple of them. Not sure if worthwhile though; I don't rally and outside of the Mazda MX5, I think a large majority of cars these days (GT3, F1/3/2000) are all paddle shifters now.

I figure I'm gonna stay on MX5 for maybe another year tops, before moving up to GT3.

14. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Changed the case. It's still on the bulky side, but not as much as the previous one. A bit more comfortable to hold, and the side buttons are also easier (i.e. less pressure) to push.

DSC00239.JPG

Chai likes this.
  15. Chai

I'm confused, did you change a case or remove the case? :haha:

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I think he changed tre case to a transparent case.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

17. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

18. Chai

Here's my new toy, Audeze Penrose! The sound is pretty good, but I'm quite annoyed by the hissing sound on right side ear cup, which they claimed is a by product of having active amp built in...
    DSC_8894.JPG DSC_8899.JPG DSC_8901.JPG DSC_8897.JPG

PsYkHoTiK and peaz like this.
  19. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Got myself a foldie. nothing too fancy. This is the JAVA Zelo 2 model.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chai and PsYkHoTiK like this.
  20. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

That doesn't sound right. If there is going to be any hiss, typically it's going to sound equally on both sides, not just one earcup. Also usually hiss will come from the active noise cancellation... I'm wondering if you got a defective unit? :think: