The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

#OneOfUs

First thing to do is junk those tyres and get something better, maybe Panaracer Minits Lite.

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

LOL. But if I would be going and upgrading tyres and all, I would have spent on a better bike. Maybe after this one goes flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Generally a lot of bikes come shipped with crappy tyres that feel sluggish. A good tyre will improve the riding experience and make it feel a lot smoother to pedal. My Dahon Dash Altena came with Kenda Kwest tyres which were a dog to ride on; switched to Panaracer and the smoothness and speed was immediately noticeable.

Also typically you don't change tyres when it goes flat; if it's tubeless (which this one doesn't look like) you'd just patch it, with a tubed tyre you just patch or replace the inner tube. Also if you haven't done it before, might be a good idea to learn how to change the tube, would save some cost of letting the bike shop do it for you. It's also a good basic skill to pick up if you're using the bike for commuting or exercise - unless it's just for a couple of rounds at the local taman or something.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Look what I got

Attached Files:

Chai and PsYkHoTiK like this.
  5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

There is no active noise cancellation on Audeze. I did report to them, and they say it is a by product of high powered amplifier built into one side of the ear cup. And because of the hassle of shipping it back at my own cost, I decided to live with it. Other wise, it is really good at listening volume.

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i :cool:

20211009_090449.jpg

20211009_090138.jpg

Price-wise, it's a significant bargain over a Surface Pro with equivalent specs (i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB NVME SSD), plus it comes with keyboard and pen - something that you have to get separately with the Surface.

The keyboard's touch typing experience is also pretty good, excellent key travel, much better than the Surface keyboard. Only downside is that it cannot be raised, and isn't as comfortable as Alcantara.

I prefer this E-Color Pen. The hexagonal shape feels like a classic pencil, and has a hidden USB-C port for charging, which I think is more convenient than those uncommon, not-easy-to-find AAAA batteries that other active styluses use. Buttons could have been placed a lot lower though; the current position is a bit harder to press.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I picked up a Switch OLED

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New screen is pretty nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zy, Chai, atwl77 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

9. Chai

Nice! I'm just about to get the older V2 because OLED is crazy expensive over here, like RM1800 vs RM1200 for the old V2.

Trinity likes this.
  10. Trinity

Probably safer from OLED burn in too.:think:

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Pixel 6 Pro PXL_20211123_220009849.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Chai, atwl77 and PsYkHoTiK like this.
  12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Just received a set of pedals with a load cell brake pedal! :D

20211202_140608.jpg

20211202_141010.jpg

Comes with a couple of springs to adjust the strength of the brake pedal. The red ones are the strongest, whereas the white spring is the weakest.

20211202_141101.jpg

Unfortunately my office chair setup cannot handle the medium and strong spring strength. Press hard on the pedal and the chair will lift. Press even harder and even the whole cockpit can lift!

20211202_212554.jpg

So I'm switching the springs out for the weakest set. Still worth the while, got better control over braking with the load cell. Also the throttle is much smoother, I can get a lot finer control with this over the standard Logitech pedals! :thumb:

Although one thing I'm not used to yet, is the throttle and brake are at the same level. Would prefer the throttle to be deeper inside, easier to heel-toe that way.

Chai and zy like this.
  13. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Sony NW-A55 Walkman, got it off of Sony online store clearance sale. Lower end model but still packs some pretty neat features:
    - Bluetooth with LDAC, aptX, aptX HD
    - can function as Bluetooth receiver
    - can function as USB DAC

PSX_20211211_181046.jpg

Chai and PsYkHoTiK like this.
  14. Chai

Wow, getting really serious...

zy likes this.
  15. Chai

This is my new toy, a month ago... -6091285678076833706_121.jpg

16. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Picked up this Anker vertical ergonomic mouse for daily work stuff. Dunno how effective it is yet, we'll see after a couple of days if my hand loves it or not. Not fully used to it yet though, and I keep knocking it down when my hand moves to pick it up due to its height! :haha:

Unfortunately the surface has some sort of soft feel material, not sure how long this will last. But if I find this sort of mouse useful, and if/when it starts breaking down and getting sticky, then maybe I'll replace it with the Logitech version. :think:

20220109_142058.jpg 20220109_142111.jpg

17. Chai

These are quite comfortable to use, but the fake rubber material will get sticky fast.

18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Over due CPU upgrade. I7-12700K. 64gb DDR4 (32x2) crucial ballastix RGB. MSI Z690 MPG Edge WiFi DDR motherboard. NZXT LGA 1700 bracket for my evga CLC cooler.

Reusing my RTX 3070.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

atwl77 and Trinity like this.
  19. Trinity

Nice!!!:thumb:

20. Trinity

Lets see that build!:cool: