The Perpetual F1 Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure? I still remember during the early 2000s, I still see drivers getting clean by the mechanics. Did they change the rule recently or what?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I did not see this myself. My brother told me about it. He could be wrong. That's why I'm wondering about it... :think:

3. Chai

Hmm...guess I will have to look thru the list of rules from www.fia.com! :mrgreen:

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

To refresh your memory, there was a movie done by Jackie Chan called Thunderbolt and there was a scene where he was given a time penalty when his so called GF approached him to pass him a bottle of water and in the course of doing so touched the car.

5. Chai

Aiya, don't compare with F1 and other racing series la. Every racing series have their own rules. I will post a video of a pitstop, where the mechanics wipe the visor of the drivers.

http://chai.rojakpot.com/visor.mpg

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Aiyah I was merely replying to Adrian's post. :wall:

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Really? Touch as in where? helmet considered touching? I have always seen the helmet wiped when they pit. :think:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah, I have to say that F1 has been boring nowadays. Hey... but not golf. Why? Because Tiger Woods dones't always win. He has oppositions like Vijay Singh, Ernie Erls, etc. :thumb:

9. Chai

Not another guy trying to blame someone from being good causing F1 to be boring??? Blame the competition for not being good enough! :wall: Seriously, think about it. Why is F1 boring? Is it because the same guy wins the race all the time? Domination in F1 existed even since the 50s.

Maybe you guys only started watching F1 recently, but the core reason is not because the same driver winning all the races. Look at how Schumacher win the race? Take the latest Spanish race for example. Jarno Trulli took the lead at the start. Catalunya is not an easy track for overtaking, but because Schumacher knows he will be able to overtake him after the pit stops. So he wouldn't even bother to overtake him. Just do a few fast laps after Trulli enter the pits, and he will come out in front after he enter the pit.

Ignore my Tiger Woods example, take Valentino Rossi. Winning all the championship from 125cc, 250cc, 500cc, how many championships in a row? Did anyone complain about that? Nope.

Did you know that during the 2000 and 2001, Schumacher won 8 races in a row, current 5 races is nothing compare to that!

10. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

f1 boring????? :p :p :p ...........boring onli if watch the lousy teams larrrr............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

11. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Hahaa.. i have less chance to watch the lousy team... coz the camera like to focus on the good team only hahaa :haha: :haha:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! True, true...

DYKT: I would have said the same thing as Chai if I'm a Ferrari fan? :dance: :thumb:

13. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I prefer MS more than Ferrari :nuts: :shifty:

14. Chai

Er...I would still contiue watching the race even if both Ferraris have retired. I know it has not happened since Brazil 2003. :) Just to prove that I'm not just a blind Ferrari fan.

You must understand the current problem. Everyone knows there are problems if this boredom goes on. But not many people understands it though... :snooty: Even the Italy Monza's race is not full anymore in recent years (95% Tifosis). Even Ferrari fans get bored! :doh:

15. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

This weekend got F1 again rite.... :D Who will win??? lets guest .....

16. Chai

M Schumacher!!! It's been a while since he last won a Monaco GP!!!

17. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

I just checked a local betting agency in my area. They are offering a return of $1.02 for every $1 if MS wins the Championship. Talk about foregone conclusion! Its about as close as you will get to paying out bets at 5 races through the season!

Better clarify: Its legal betting, I'm not in Malaysia :lol:

18. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

I'm assuming Badawi_Rocks is in the European continent. =)

Monaco Rox0r!

19. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

honda bar may win............ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    mebbe onli............ :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

20. Chai

MS tops both Thursday practise sessions! :thumb: