The Cooler Master PNC-U51 CoolPad Notebook Cooler Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Cooler Master is pretty well known among PC hardware enthusiasts for their great line of products, especially among modders. Among some of their popular products are their line of aluminum enclosures, hard disk coolers and CPU coolers. But today, we'll take a look at a Cooler Master product that caters to a different segment of users - notebook users.

In the age of notebooks that are capable of running Doom 3 without batting an eyelid, cooling is becoming a critical factor in notebooks. Today, we will be take a close look at one of the sleekest notebook coolers in the market - the Cooler Master PNC-U51 CoolPad!

[​IMG]

Link : The Cooler Master PNC-U51 CoolPad Notebook Cooler Review!

2. drab

drab Newbie

an old cpu fan with a usb plug ,will work just as well,and u can use it to cool your face :lol:

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

lol. true.

in fact. I'm using the fan from the CoolPad to cool my hard disk :p

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. I wonder why they chose to suck air from above and below and flush the mixed air out the sides.

I think it would have been better if they went about it the usual way - suck cool air in and blow it against the hot notebook. :mrgreen:

5. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

How much is the Coolpad?

Thanks,

TF

6. peaz

I've got a reply from Greg through email.. here's what he said.

Greg, thanks for the feedback. This is highly appreciated. I’ll definitely check this out once I get back to office on Monday cos the notebook cooler is there. And I’ll also try to update the temp comparison too with your suggestions. :thumb:

I wonder why I never thought of that! :rolleyes: :arp:

Attached Files:

7. peaz

currently here in malaysia.. i saw a shop listing it at about RM185 (~USD 49)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2004
  8. i would probably stick with the vantec lapcool2 at that price

9. peaz

well, seriously, i don't really recommend this particular model... it does look cool.. but it's also an expensive way to do that :)