Forums Suggestions & Problems

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, May 14, 2003.

1. Zen

Zen Das lässige Schwein

but i do agree that things are alittle slow... or issit just my stupid connection.... :roll:

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I do agree it's a little slower. That's why I open multiple tabs on my firefox. :dance:

3. drab

drab Newbie

Hmm--my firefox is down :roll:

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello drab,

So sorry about this. We are trying to work this problem out.

It's not a server problem actually.

The smilies problem is due to interaction between the banner codes and the forum javascripts. That's why you can only click on the smilies AFTER both banners have loaded.

The slow loading issue is due to the IntelliTXT code reloading all the graphics in each page. The page loads up but the IntelliTXT codes essentially causes the graphics to be loaded TWICE!

So sorry about all that. We are looking into both issues.

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

no wonder sometimes the smileys didn't work :lol:

1 person likes this.
  6. Adrian Wong

LOL! Well, the current workaround would be to wait until both banners have loaded before typing your reply.

Understandably, this may take some time, especially for those in Asia but this can be circumvented by opening multiple windows or tabs (in Firefox).

We will work to resolve this ASAP! :mrgreen:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I was just about to ask about the smileys too... :shifty:

8. Adrian Wong

The thing is this problem is not supposed to happen because we are using iframes for the ads.

So the ads are supposed to be completely separated from the forum. They are not supposed to affect anything beyond outside of the iframe. :wall:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Some times the ads doesnt come out.... :shifty:

10. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

at first when the forum's updated, it was a lil' slow but now, it seems to be the same as last time... :)

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

well, in my case.. things are pretty random. but generally, I don't seem to have a problem... :think: kinda weird once I think about it....

more reports please while we work out all the bugs...

12. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. That's odd since you are in the States. But I guess they may limit each session to a certain number of ads. :think:

If you clear your session by closing the browser and opening it again, the banners should reappear.

Generally, those in the States will less likely to be affected by the smilies problem because the ad code immediately loads up the banners.

However, if you live outside of the United States, then the ad code will cycle through our various advertisers because most advertisers target only Americans. So, therein lies the problem. Because the ad code keeps cycling through the list advertisers, looking for a banner; you cannot access the smilies UNTIL it finds a banner. :wall:

Don't worry though. We are looking into it. I hope you will all be patient and keep us updated with reports. Thanks! :thumb:

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i usually dont see banners... :p

14. Adrian Wong

LOL! Of course, usually only our American visitors will see the banners. :mrgreen:

15. Adrian Wong

Hello everyone! :wave:

There will be a new IntelliTXT ad code which should solve the refresh problem which is slowing down the forums and negating the performance improvement from vBulletin's cache.

After we implement it, the forums should load up a LOT faster. :thumb:

We are waiting for the ad code to arrive. So hang in there, everyone! :mrgreen:

16. zy

is it just me or we cant upload avatars?

nvm .. its works now..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I've just changed the avatar settings back to the phpBB days today. :D

18. rebelsoul76

rebelsoul76 Newbie

uhh, i'm kinda new to this forum, and i noticed that the thread post time is somewhat off from our local Malaysian time. Has this been mentioned b4?

edit: ok... found out that i should set my time zone in User Control Panel > Edit Options section.... problem solved

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  19. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

every time must use advanced search?

1 person likes this.
  20. zy

wow.. this is the first sentences used by cs5 without short forms..