Do You Mind If Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend Is Not A Virgin?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by angel1011, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think that's very true. That's an inbred instinct.

Men are all quantity - preservation of the species and all. Women are all about quality - preservation of the best genes.

Of course, love disrupts natural selection. So, we always get bad genes mixed back into the gene pool.

Then again, you NEVER know.. What may be considered as bad genes now MAY become the genes to be desired in the future. :mrgreen:

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Like baldness, receding hairlines, premature wrinkling and abnormal bone structure?

:haha:

I've forgotten most of my biology. Genetics used to be so fascinating. Now it's all graphic cards and games. Hehe.

3. Adrian Wong

Well, take the sickle-cell trait for example. Bad trait, right?

Not so where malaria is endemic. Those suffering from sickle-cell disease are immune to malaria.

So, you see.. what's bad can also be good. You never know. ;)

4. Zen

Zen Das lässige Schwein

Yup yup yup...ur strength can always be a weakness and ur weakness can always be a strength... it depends on how u view things... ;)

5. Maximus_Detritus

Speaking of which, this loosely relates to why guys are sometimes incessantly complaining about not finding 'someone'.

The girls are far more selective, supposedly. Scientifically proven, folks? Hmmm.

6. Adrian Wong

I believe so. Women will look for someone who can provide security, etc. Something that they desire in a mate. Something that says this guy has good genes.

Guys, on the other hand, will probably go around impregnating anything female they see, IF they are uninhibited by social norms, morality, etc. :haha:

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Haha sounds like the movie Species

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I like Species. I still remembered watching Natasha Henstridge, was drooling the whole movie. :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumb:

DYKT: The last I see her in a movie was in "The Ghost from Mars". She's still so... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yeah, guys like to f**k around. But not me. :lol: :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. jinongman

jinongman Newbie

if my gal were to lose her virginity... while she's my gal.. and not by me..
    then i would mind...

10. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

do u not buy a car because it is test-drived???
    have u ever asked the car "it" wanted to be test-drived in the first place???
    even cars wanted to have a home than keep on being test-drived.....

11. d_magnitude

d_magnitude Newbie

ya.. agree with angel...
    it's a bad anology that ishtim used..
    cars have no desire or demand...
    that's y laws on rights and freedom do not have anything to do with protecting the rights of car...
    women on the other hand, has emotions and a whole lot of other things that guys have too..

refering back to the original question.... no, i would not mind if she's virgin or not... and i agree with you other guys who says "love is more important. it's the thing that matters"....

for me, the prerequisite to get into a relationship isn't the sex part... it's about how we get along... if we can get along, then only we go on the part where we evaluate if we love each other.... actually, you don't need to test sex with someone first... if u don't like it with her, u're not going to like it with anyone else... and there's plenty of time to test things out after marriage... and if there's something u don't like, u can always communicate it with her and solve it together... if u both love each other, u'll be willing to improve to please each other... so.. it still boils down the thing - is the love strong enough...?

conclusion.. love matters most... virginity matters least...

12. christene222

christene222 Newbie

the world changes, the day changes, the culture changes and the thinking changes.

well guys, treasure ur "SEED". :arrow:

13. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

our SEED is forever. not so for you ladies.
    you want prove? look at Hugh Hefner that Sado-Masochist SOB

if guys wanna *ahem* then whats the point of virgin vs non-virgin? as long as *ahemable* thats enough! right?

well... I dunno if its true but Ishtims analogy of test driving a vehicle sounds to 'foreign' to me. could i be (shock horror) too conservative?

i dont blame ppl for not being virgins. as long as their decision was taken rationaly and done with pure intentions.

kanjus has spoken.

14. Maximus_Detritus

:mrgreen:

I think the question of virgins VS non-virgins comes down to what you put more importance in, what are your priorities. Nuff said.

15. Adrian Wong

I don't think the issue of virginity is that big of a deal as something like fidelity.

What irks you more? Finding out that your new girlfriend is not a virgin or finding out that she just slept with your best friend even though she's going out with you (for example). :whistle:

I think that's a sign of the male's territorial instincts. If you have exclusive breeding rights, you are less likely to bother about things like virginity. But once someone threatens or encroaches upon the male's breeding rights, you can be sure the male won't be sitting around doing nothing! :haha:

Of course, the male is usually a hypocrite. He does not want other males to intrude on his breeding rights. And yet, his normal impulses are to impregnate as many females as he can. LOL! :haha:

Anyway, back to topic, I think the issue of virginity is not that important. Of course, if a girl gives you her virginity, I think many males consider that a GREAT honour. :mrgreen:

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Last time I heard from someone. If you can deflower 8 females, :respect:

:haha:

17. Maximus_Detritus

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

anyone here willing to admit they;ve done this?

18. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

And a girl who 'initiates' 8 men is a _________ ? :?

IMHO, there still is a bias in how society looks at males and females when it comes to sexuality. Men can sleep around and it's a mark of esteem. Girls who sleep around are.... less esteemed.

Real life example: A male friend of mine once dismissed this girl as a potential candidate for a girlfriend because she had had other boyfriends before that. In his own words, "she's a bicycle: been ridden too many times before." I didn't quite understand what he meant but when I did, I wanted to kick his ass!

Another example: Ever heard/thought/said the phrase 'used goods'? Does it refer to males or females?

angel1011's points about the difference between cars and women is seconded. Ishtim, those analogies were vile! :mad:

Strongly agree with this. Heard of sex therapy? Books? If love is the most important thing, if each partner come to the relationship with consideration for the other, is there something that can't be worked out?

On the topic: "do you mind if your SO is no longer a virgin?", most have said that they don't mind. Allow me to present the alternate view.

I think Maximus hit the point. Your answer to that question depends on your answer to this: what do sex and virginity mean to you?

Note, I'm giving the two extremes. I would guess that most people are somewhere in the middle.

If sex is merely a pleasurable physical activity, just a bit higher than kissing, then losing one's virginity is nothing but progressing from one stage to the next. If that's how you feel, then you wouldn't mind at all if your partner is no longer chaste.

If, however, sex and virginity are things you think are precious and sacred, meant for that one special person you are going to share your life with, how would you feel if that special person has already given THEIR gift to someone else? Of course you'd be bothered!

'Love is the most important thing.' I agree. Do you love your life partner (who may not necessarily be your current SO - you never know what the future brings) enough to a sacrifice your current pleasure for his/her sake? To preserve their feelings?

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying condemn everyone who has lost their virginity. The past is the past.

But just because you love someone, it doesn't mean that you won't mind at all if s/he is no longer a virgin. Minding and loving are two different issues.

Those who don't mind have spoken. Let me stand for those who do.

19. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

No, I dont mind

20. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Exactly. Not only that, I just feel that there is a relationship between a girl's virginity and her character. If she is still a virgin then it most probably means that she's a nice girl who doesn't date guys just for fun, doesn't sleep around, hence will probably be more loyal. I'm generalising quite a bit here, but I think it holds true in many cases. However, if any of you want to disagree with me then that's fine. That's just how I feel.