Bak Kut Teh (Non-Halal!)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Most unhealthy? You sure? :think: I think Bak Kut Teh is even more unhealthy... :whistle:

2. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

it's tonic.
    :whistle:

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Ya...bak kut teh is herbal soup and pork ribs. What's so unhealthy about that?

4. Chai

How can you miss out the internal organs like intestines, liver, stomach... :thumb: And not to mention, tons of fats!

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

And blood! :drool: :drool: :drool:

6. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Wah!? Didn't know bak kut teh in Malaysia has that kind of stuff in it too.. :shock: In Singapore it's just pork ribs

7. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

whoa there.....now just hold on a minute...thats a wrong thing to say....its a herbal drink and its good for health...period....the internal organs are all by choice...can always not order it rite?

8. Chai

Ok, I'm taking back I've just said. Apparently, I was brought up thinking that BKT is a very unhealthy food, even my parents told me that. Guess all of us are wrong...

9. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Well,

my mum wouldn't allow me to try because she claimed that they used indian Beef!

Is that true or not true? :think:

10. lung

lung Just Started

Indian beef for Bak Kut Teh? There's no beef/chicken/anything-else in Bak Kut Teh except Pork... :thumb:

The best thing I like about this 'delicacy' is the soup... Put in some 'yau char kwai' and :thumb:

11. Chai

Oh man! Now you are making me hungry again!!! :drool:

12. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

No lah...I think he was talking about Ramly burgers. But damn I'm hungry now, wish I had some bak kut teh... :drool:

13. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Well if I'm not mistaken, Bak Kut Teh was 'conceived' in Port Swetenhamm (Port Klang) and was thoroughly enjoyed by the British of the yester-years. After that came Chick-Kut-Teh which is actually pork being replaced by chicken and then came Fish-Kut-Teh which is again actually pork being replaced by fish. From those of you who're from Johor, there's a Fish-Kut-Teh stall some where near Taman Molek if I'm not mistaken. :)

14. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I can't imagine that either chicken or fish would be as good as the original bak kut teh, because soup made with pork has the best taste.

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Agreed! But we better get back to topic!! :haha:

16. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I wonder if we're grossing out Viper yet :)

17. Chai

We need pictures to make him puke! LMAO!

18. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

recently i read something on the net. they said when u put cola on the pork fleash of bak kut teh. worms come out. dunno real or not :mad:

19. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

20. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

oh. damn. false information. is porthe essential part for bak kut teh? or cna replace with chicken?