ARP's April Fool Joke

Discussion in 'The Elite Few' started by Chai, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations on taking the effort to complete the contest. Just do us a favour and post here so that we know that you are one of the elite (or curious) few who completed it!

2. werty316

werty316 Newbie

hahaha hey I gotta say you had me really good and I mean really good.

3. Bitpower

Bitpower Newbie

Well both me and Werty made it thru the contest so far.

I ain't laughing, because I only got a Geforce Ti-4200 as my video card in my main computer.

So this was a big letdown, when I thought I might win something I could really use.

Perhaps a consolation prize would be nice for the participants? Anything better then a Geforce Ti-4200, would be welcome here.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  4. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I got it way worse. GF3 ti500 :cry:

5. Bitpower

Bitpower Newbie

Perhaps me and you, could form a class action suite against this site, with hopes on getting enough money if we win, for a better video card?

Perhaps I'm joking, and perhaps I'm not :)

6. werty316

werty316 Newbie

well I think its all good n fun after all I never thought it was April fools day. But technically it isn't it is still March 31.

7. Bitpower

Bitpower Newbie

I was just joking about the law suite. One good april fools joke, deserves another.

Though I'm being honest when I say, that I did get my hopes up about winning, so am feeling a little bit disappointed now.

Hard to laugh, when the "joke is on you".

Anyways, perhaps they will have a real contest for a video card sometime in the future. Something to wish for, I guess.

Well guess I will sign off now, and go do something useful with my time. Like study or schoolwork.

Sincerely,
    Bitpower

8. jfrjimenez

jfrjimenez Newbie

Haha well I was one of the first five, so do you wanna give me something?!?! Haha actually I'm in America so it's not April Fools over here until tomorrow....I was hoping it wasn't true though! Good joke...haha I just wish that ATI did blow nVidia out of the water...someday...no wonder all the pic links were broken!

9. Vin

Vin Newbie

10. Heh, I figured out that it was an April Fools joke before finishing it. Do I get a cookie? :dance:

I was fooled at first look, though. Then I remembered the date. :p

11. lol, nice.
    I would have had it a lot sooner, but it's still March 31st over here :p

12. daemonevo

daemonevo Newbie

smell'd something fishy when i saw it's a x800pro, and "Note : u guys checked with ati when is the exact date and time to release this review?"

:thumb: good fun

13. MeRaH

MeRaH Newbie

Good one!

Hehehee.. :p Its already 1st April in some parts of the world... Great fun... :haha:

14. dedman

dedman Newbie

wow.. that thing had me from start to finish.. very impressive work, lol. All the while i'm looking at benchmark results thinking to myself.. "hypertiling, an inherently flawed method of multi-vpu, is beating SLI? way to go ATI" and "can't wait until the dual R520's, if these can do this much now". You guys had me locked in. who did the photoshop work, if i may ask?

edit-sp

15. KillerMCB

KillerMCB Newbie

hehehe... It was nice... Thanks for the April fool activity

16. jugheadz

jugheadz Newbie

:wall:
    I really hate April's fools day. Now I feel like a total fool. =(

Ha anyway, I should be happy with my 6800GT that is watercooled although the little jerk still runs pretty warm.

Happy April fools day to you all and to all a good night!

17. mcnbns

mcnbns Newbie

I got it, and I must say I was a little disappointed. It felt too good to be true, but I had to try.

Can't you send the first five anything? Even a t-shirt would be cool. :)

18. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

:haha:

I did find it very strange that ATI released a dual X800 and I hadn't heard anything about it :p

19. Rand

Rand Newbie

You know, frighteningly enough there are those on other forums that actually believed this article was genuine.
    I'd almost afraid to imagine what the results would have been had you attempted to make it look realistic...

On the plus side, you've managed to garner 9 new forum registrants out of this... now all you have to do is find some way to incite us to stay here.

20. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

LOL I get it now... "C Lee Yu" = Silly You :haha: :haha: