My New House

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello everyone! :wave:

Recently invested in a new house in Melaka. Just wanted to share some pictures of it.

It's a small intermediate terrace house, 20x70 in size with a built-up area of 2000 sq. ft. So, it's nothing much but it's a start. :mrgreen:

Picture 1 : Latest outside view of the house.

Picture 2 : Old picture of the car porch. I tiled the entire porch. :haha:

Picture 3 : Old picture of the doorway.

Picture 4 : Old picture of the staircase.

Picture 5 : The problematic hole under the stairs - http://forums.rojakpot.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9320&stc=1&thumb=1

Picture 6 : Top view of the car porch (old picture)

Attached Files:

2. Adrian Wong

Picture 7 : Latest picture of the dining area.

Picture 8 : Latest picture of the sofa set and living room.

Lots of stuff left to be done. :wall:

Attached Files:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

wah.. adrian is rich :mrgreen:

4. Adrian Wong

It's a cheap house.. and there's something called a loan. :wicked:

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i cant even afford the loan :mrgreen:

6. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

let's have the BBQ at ur place.... :wicked: :wicked:

7. Adrian Wong

Sure. Not a problem. :mrgreen:

But I don't think many of you will want to make the trip to Melaka. :haha:

8. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Is that like a condo that you buy into? Or is that whole building yours now?

Congrats!!! :)

9. nasya

nasya She-Devil

congrats adrian!!!

love ur house... :clap:

10. Adrian Wong

That's a double-storey terrace house, with a built-up area of a thousand sq. ft. on each floor. So, it's not very big.

The thing I like about it is that the car porch is big enough for two cars.. and it comes with an auto-gate and an alarm system. :thumb:

11. Adrian Wong

Thanks! :mrgreen:

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Let's call it..

Adrian's Love Nest..ALN :mrgreen:
    黄的爱巢...曝光!!!

13. have you retouched those photos they are very cool, nice pad by the way :thumb:

14. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Please don't call it that. :hand: :haha:

15. Adrian Wong

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Nope. The yellowish hue is due to the lighting. I used only warm white lights. :mrgreen:

16. This place you moved into is that a poured concrete building? When I was in Puerto Rico I watched them construct half a hotel in like 3 days all out of concrete, it was amazing.

17. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

well to say concrete is to sound harsh. its actually bricks and cement! hehe and the sweat of imiigrant labourers.

housing here aint like the US where owning a house is part of the american dream. (did i get that right? or is it called something else?) its expensive and to put it frankly despite the local housing boom not many can afford to purchase a house.

18. Concrete was in no way meant as an insult. I though it was amazing that way it was constructed so efficiently and beautifully. I would totally preferr that over a american made house of wood and cheap composite fiberboards Costing over 6 years sallary...

Concrete is cooler in the summer heat, it isolates sound quite well for people like me who like to watch movies with the volume up..up.. up..

And yes I too plan to live oput the american dream on buy a house next year :)

19. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. If I'm not mistaken, the walls between houses are made from concrete. But the rest of it is made from bricks and mortar.

Well, it's REALLY hot over here. And that design is, frankly, not suitable for the weather. The super-high roof over the car porch is totally useless. It doesn't provide good shade. And the large windows are simply "lovely" for lots of sunshine and heat. :wall:

But the house was well-finished with quality tiles, nice windows, etc. Also, the entire top floor has a full plaster ceiling, which saves me money. :thumb:

20. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Woot....road trip down to Melaka!!!