The Perpetual F1 Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 19, 2003.

1. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

nvm :roll: :lol:

who should be blamed? mechillen? fia? :think:

2. bizkid21

bizkid21 Newbie

we cant blame either michelin and FIA. the circuit here had been resurface then michelin dun know the changes of the circuit surface then lead them to bring the wrong tyres. but bridgestone had been race here recently of indy so they at least had more data about the circuit, so they had the adv. FIA wound't allow bcoz they dun wan to break the rules.

but since they poposed to replace the banked with the chicane, i think this is the only solution and 9 out of 10 had agree accept the Fukrari, so i think the one should blame is ferrari. this is not kind of offense to ferrari and ferrari fans, u can actually go ask or see the commment from all the team boss, see who actually they goin to blame at.

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

to me michelin is the big blame follow by FIA

well is michelin own fault n others must follow too? lame right? well this is one big disaster to F1..i see no more US gp nex year :snooty:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Michelin was stupid not to provide their tires properly and the FIA are morons too...

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

whoever fault it was (Michelin this time), they can fine them and take the appropriate action once everything is over. at least put on a show, or better still, not to have one la..
    whats the point of having 6 cars racing on the track. it's embrassing, and humiliating the fans, the public, as well as the name of SPORT.

what a shame to keep this guy as the president of FIA.

6. Jet

Jet Just Started

Only 6 ppl raced??
    WTF?? :wall:
    This is ruining the F1 reputation... :wall:

7. Brian

Brian Newbie

why should ferrari and bridgestone be blamed for something that is Michelin's fault? they were the ones which brought in the wrong tyre compound/design/blah(point is, unsafe tyre), and also the rules have been agreed upon from the beginning of the season. it's normal for ferrari to be selfish because they've not been doing well and blah, but yes, it is sad that only 6 cars competed in the race, making the whole race a freaking farce, they probably should've postponed it to some later date or something

the question is, why would ferrari be willing to throw their advantage away? consider their situation, the previous year they were owning the rest of the field, this year they're getting owned by a few teams instead. why would they want to throw their advantage away by introducing a chicane which would make the race slower, add more competitors and affect their chances of scoring points(throwing away their advantage of being able to run at higher speeds at turn 13 compared to the michelin runners)? besides, it isn't their fault at all that michelin brought in unsafe tyres. ferrari has done nothing wrong, and i dont see why you can actually place the blame on ferrari

8. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

Yes. Agreed. Any team if have the chance like last night will continue the race. Its a big gift from God. :snooty:

9. bizkid21

bizkid21 Newbie

when the rest michelin teams posposed about the chicane at turn 13, they also said tat if FIA agree to do so they willing race without points, wat they wan is jus to give a safe race for their drivers, so why they adi give up everything they can and ferrari cannot? wat they wan jus put their cars to race and put on a show. and jus as wat phok said, at least do something to make it happen, then see now wat happened and u wan to see a exiciting race o jus a stupid 6 cars race? think about it, wat ferrari did

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yes it's michelin's fault. but at least put on a show to let those who have paid for it to something to watch, instead of insulting the spectators with 6 cars on the track, and also for the future of US GP.

11. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

This is such a multifaceted problem...

- Michelin obviously started the issue by not delivering tyres good enough to last a race. The problem being the banked high speed curve that put too much stress on the shoulders of the rear left tyre, so it breaks after a couple of laps.

What to do about it, right then?
    - Allow the teams to change the rear left tyre every 15 laps or so.
    FIA didn't come clean about this option, and it would also mean lots of extra pit stops.
    - Have all teams run on Bridgestone tyres.
    Can't do. Contracts would be broken and, more important, the manufacturers use slightly different shapes and dimensions on the tyres, so a car built for Michelin tyres will have the aerodynamics spoiled if using Bridgestone.
    - Reshape the track (adding a chicane to the curve).
    Most teams thought this was a good option, but I'm not sure about it. It might set a new standard where tracks will be redesigned every time there's an issue.
    - Teams on Michelin don't start.
    By getting on the grid and participating in the formation lap all teams participated in the race. Had those teams not planning to start kept off the grid the race would have been invalid as part of the championship and no points would be rewarded.

The background issue, as I see it, is that we have two tyre manufacturers that make tyres with different shapes and have the teams tightly knot to them. With standardised and regulated tyre shapes the cars could run on tyres from any manufacturer. Denying lock-up contracts between the teams and the manufacturers would then allow all teams to pick any tyre from any manufacturer available at each race. This could lead to a team using tyres from two different manufacturers on their two cars in a race, because each driver could pick the tyre that fit his driving style best.
    This would also mean a true race-to-race competition between the tyre manufacturers.

Cheers
    Olle

12. Brian

Brian Newbie

if that was to happen why did none of the michelin runners either,
    1) run slower at turn 13
    2) change tyres every 10 laps
    so that there would be a race among the michelin runners and not make a complete mess out of it
    they would still get the points, and still be safe(doesn't that work too and you get 20 cars and also points and blah, hmm wait why didnt they consider this option instead...hmm, if they were that concerned about having 20 cars on the track racing, granted the bridgestone runners would whoop the michelin runners, but i would love to see a battle between renault, mclaren, williams, BAR for 7th and 8th, even if it's only 2/1 points, after all the race must go on right? but wonder why they never took the option, besides i would've loved to see 6 pitstops in a race, we all have seen so many good overtaking manuevers during pitstop sessions)
    and wouldn't a chicane just change the configuration of the track and drivers would be unsure of how the new chicane would change the track causing a higher chance of accidents happening/or how their cars would react to the chicane while they were all tuned for the banked curve. face the fact, ferrari isn't to blame at all.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LMAO! This is hilarious! Michelin's fault and blame Ferrari? What has this got to do with Ferrari? Not agreeing to add the chicane? LMAO!!! Because of Michelin's incompetence, Ferrari has to sacrifice so much for the Michelin runners. What a fantastic idea! :haha: If Ferrari was to blame, why not blame Jordan or Minardi for continuing the race even though they voted not the race? That's even more absurd! LOL! Blame Ferrari all you want... :haha:

How can you add a chicane during the course of an F1 weekend??? No one can even estimate the braking point thru the chicane when they finally race on the track without any sort of practise, and it will probably cause even more accidents.

IMO, Ferrari has been extremely professional in these circumstances. They still put on a show even though there's only 6 cars on the track, they didn't celebrate on podium (look at Tiago...can't blame him though). Ferrari did not show any sign of happiness they normally do when they win the race even though they deserved the 1-2 (it was 100% Michelin's fault for bringing crap tyres).

Even as a Ferrari fan, I have no good reason to celebrate the victory. I was laughing when all the Michelin runners went into the pits, not because it favours Ferrari, but I just couldn't believe that it actually happened! With just 6 cars, I just couldn't help laughing that the race could actually continue! :nuts:

bizkid21: Let this be an official warning to you, if you do not behave in this forum, we will not hesitate to take action, and I'm not being biased here. Even Zuephok agreed that Michelin is the main culprit. I really do applaud him, not because of his positive thoughts of Ferrari, his thinking is far more rational :mrgreen: . Even if Ferrari is at fault, there's no reason for you to swear. :naughty: There's absolutely no need to get emotional just because of a sport...

The ultimate decision making is still made by FIA. Don't forget, it's FIA who banned your favourite team, not Ferrari... :roll: All this happened because of Michelin, not FIA, not the Michelin teams, not Ferrari (why is Ferrari to be blamed in the first place???)!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah. For once I actually agree with the FIA... :roll: Michellin is trying to control the sport. It's stupid. The teams didn't go out eventhough there were still some points availible... It's an insult to the sport. :nuts:

The idea of the chicane is just out of the question. How can they penalize bridgestone teams by making them go through that for their own shortcomings? :nuts: Ferrari did the right thing by standing their ground.

I pity the people that came from so far away to watch the race. Time and money wasted for a political stunt.

16. bizkid21

bizkid21 Newbie

first of all, i did not said michelin is doing the rite thing, and i did mentioned b4 tat the situation both michelin and FIA face, so let me repeat again tat i did not said michelin not to blame at all, but jus ferrari decision is main key of all this case, if they also agree on adding a chicane, then the situation will not b the same. for michelin, at least they r trying to do something to make it happen, wat they did jus wan to make sure tat the race and the driver is safe, or u wan to see another senna tragedy? stupid jordan is another stupid team tat always break promise and minardi hav no choice but to race bcoz jordan is their only rivals to challenge in constructor champion.

since all the michelin teams willing to to give up their points they score in this race and they jus wan to put the race on for the fans and spectators, so why can they sacrifise adi, and ferrari jus need to do a small favor, then the silly 6 cars race wont b happen. at least if ferrari able to win also can win in a more honor way. dont u feel shame when they won a race in this way and get booing by the spectators? is this the way u wan to see MS to get his first win in this way? i think u also dun wan to see tat, rite? think about it, mayb u'll understand tat this is the only solution to solve it.

all the F1 teams r professional, if they can come out a solution like adding a chicane there, sure they think they can make it, if not do u think they will simply come out such solution? i dun think so. sure ferrari still put on the show bcoz they r the one tat do not agree of the chicane, if they also didnt race then wat for they do not agree of it in the early stage?

well i adi know i'll face this situation, since most everyone here r ferrari fans, watever i said u all sure think tat i'm silly and blindly follow, i dun care watever action u do, go ahead. if u think i'm too emotional of jus bcoz of a sport, then how about u? y u so mind about wat i said here? dun u urself also too emotional on this sport? oh come on... i'm pretty pity for those ferrari fans tat they can accept ferrari fans critised other teams but they cannot accept others fans critised their ferrari, isn't it ironic. LOL

17. eg660

eg660 Newbie

I have been a F1 fan for a long time...this is so bizaare....6 cars...damn...

18. Brian

Brian Newbie

19. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

from my point of view now..michelin clearly forcing everyone to comply of their mistake..bring in a crappy tyre cant last 10 to 15 laps n den propose this propose tat n those running bridgestone tyres should aso be slow down..wat kinda thing is this? the rules has been written clear n all of sudden they wana change it..this is a sport n rules is rules..

bizkid21,

oh man..u like solely take the ferrari decision as the big thing in this whole mess..come to think izzit fair for the b'stone runners? even the michelin dun take any point but izzit fair to slow them down? even if u r in the situation would u jus simply agree on something dat has simply nth to do wid u?

no offence nth here..jus the way u reply things is out of this world ;)

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You got it wrong again there... not all here is a Ferrari fan. Me, a Mclaren fan... and there's phok, who is absolutely not a Ferrari fan. There are more too... :rolleyes:

I thought it's clearly Michelin's fault for not doing their homework. No? :think: