Buying A Car

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 17, 2005.

1. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Decided on Jenny's choice? :think:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Nope. But she saw the Matrix and seemed quite interested.

I think she will only actively go out and hunt for a car after her exams in July. :mrgreen:

So, in the meantime, we will just be identifying possibilities, both new and second-hand.

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup, it is. But apparently, there are still many left. I wonder why... for me, I don't like the looks. GTI much better. :D

Hey Adrian... ask Jenny to get Iswara. :haha:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Honda City looks so stupid imho especially the butt. I mean... the BUTT! :doh: :wall: Even my Iswara butt also nicer. :snooty:

Wow... you guys must be rich. 70k+ cars... :think: :mrgreen:

5. Adrian Wong

LOL! Iswara?? She doesn't even want a Wira! :haha:

6. Adrian Wong

Yeah, the butt is nothing great.. and it's quite small, I guess.

That's the problem with cars like the City, Accent, Spectra... they are rather small sedans. It's quite cramp in the rear. :think:

7. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

3 series is BIG enuf.. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

3 series is only big in price, not size... :whistle:

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

bmw may look nig but they are just small :whistle: optical illusion :haha:

10. diabolik

diabolik Newbie

Indeed, 3 series is not meant to be a big luxurious car, but then, from my personal experience, it's engine performance is still superb compared to the Japanese car. But, for the price of 1 BMW, u get 2 Japanese similar capacity car, and the maintenance of japanese car is much cheaper.

However, watching the speedo meter of BMW rising from 80 MPH to 130++MPH is simply a pleasure :p Too bad Malaysia's Camry had locked the top-speed, and "over-clocking" your Camry would means a void in warranty... sigh.

Anyway, back to the discussion, if u r looking for 70k++ range, try n go to Topmark. Sometimes they have some funky deal, ie first hand new car, but didn't met the QA or something bad happened during QA, then they'll sell it off as 2nd hand car. If u don't mind, u could get a VIOS with at least 8k discount. a 1.5E model with that amount of discount would fit into your budget. Most of these deals doesn't appear online, so ask around if you wanna be a lucky owner.

Similar cases might happened for Honda car, although I haven't personally experienced it b4.

I'd did a survey last year, not sure if it's still accurate, for that range, you get to buy new car from Proton, Perodua, Kia, Hyundai only. There's of course pros and cons of new car and old car, but if it's for ur precious g/f, if u eyeing something on 2nd hand car, make sure it's not too old, ie 3-4 years car (non-proton of course).

For 2nd hand, I would recommend a Nissan Sentra 1.6 2001++, or Vios 1.5E 2003++... Really not much choices for a decently new japanese car.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  11. Adrian Wong

Thanks, diabolik! :thumb:

I think she's now thinking about a second hand Jap car. Possibly a Sentra or a Vios. But the Vios would be hard to find since it is a pretty new model to begin with.

Of course, we are keeping our eyes open. But definitely NO PROTON. :haha:

OT : My Proton Wira's power window just kaputted. Had to replace the bracket holding the window again... This is the FOURTH time we had to replace the power window bracket in our Proton cars. :roll:

12. bslee

bslee Newbie

I'm just speechless at the sad state of poor quality of Proton. The authorities won't admit to poor customer confidence either. The rakyat suffers in the end..sigh! Cars are not cheap!..

13. Adrian Wong

Have you guys seen the new Proton Savvy yet? :think:

Not that she will consider it.. :haha: But I just want to know how it compares against the Myvi. :mrgreen:

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

replacing power window is like a regular maintenance.. :haha:

mine 3 year++ waja has 2 times replace.. :wall:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

How Savvy compared to Myvi? Well... I'll give Myvi a 8/10 and Savvy a 3/10 or maybe 2.5. :thumb:

16. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

I haven't seen the Savvy yet, but I think it is good choice if you like Euro-style cars.

Wait fo the Semi-Auto model going on sale soon....

It's basically going to be Proton's version of Renault's QuickShift5. :thumb:

17. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

not to my waja. one uyear plus still going defect free. :thumb:

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

LI MEI TAU CHIO [in hokkien] (
    u no need laugh ) :mrgreen: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

we here waiting eagerly to see ur car break down into pieces.. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ok laaa siddiq..dun angry la..kdiding only merrr....

19. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

i know la. what do you expect from proton. sooner or later will happen. and you see my father cursing :thumb: :lol:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I fetched my friends to lunch just now. And one of them heard some noise near the door already. Stupid Proton... only 2nd month! :doh:

Wonder what's the noise... hope it doesn't get worse. :think: :pray: