ABIT AW8-MAX i955X Motherboard Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Today, we are proud to present a pictorial review of the latest Intel motherboard from ABIT - the ABIT AW8-MAX i955X motherboard!

Come and check out the bells and whistles of this fascinating new motherboard!

[​IMG]

Link : ABIT AW8-MAX i955X Motherboard Pictorial Review!

2. DanaG

DanaG Newbie

The one thing I immediately noticed in the review is that your image popups use javascript. DON'T DO THAT! It makes it impossible to decide where I want the image located. Once I clicked one popup (which worked), none of the others worked. Please fix this.

3. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

intel is really setup to screw many people, with the release of new chipset:) with dual core.

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

cant wait for the review to come out. seems like a great board..
    but i think the dolby certified audio is a waste of money.
    majority will plug in their own sound card...
    Nforce 4 Intel Edition too expensive for me..1.3k per board. cut throat :cry:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, this is a good board and has got potential. But the BIOS is crap at the moment... I hope a new BIOS will be release before I finish testing it.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello DanaG,

We have been using this script for ages. Never had any problems with it.

May I know exactly what problem you are referring to? :think:

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

erm..abit is notorious for their bad BIOS support..
    actually is bad customer support...

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This is nothing like the NF7 BIOS...The BIOS is buggy and lacking features that they are supposed to support in the first place.

NF7 is just less refined.

9. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hehehe, it seems like all companies do have bad stuff once in awhile but we can't let that be the reason to deny a good company that produce good stuff.

10. DanaG

DanaG Newbie

11. Adrian Wong

Oh, you are using some kind of adblocker. :think:

Hmm.. I don't think anyone else is having this problem. What ad blocker are you using? :think:

12. DanaG

DanaG Newbie

I'm using the firefox extension Adblock. (gets rid of those annoying adwords that FREEZE the page while scrolling). Maybe the filter I'm using just picks up the PopWin as an ad. Perhaps you could just rename the popup script.

13. Adrian Wong

The problem is it's manually coded into each and every page. Changing it would mean a lot of work.

But I will see what the webmaster says about it. Hang on. ;)

14. DanaG

DanaG Newbie

I realized it's not Adblock that's doing it, since I've had the same failures on other sites even simply middle clicking NORMAL links. I uninstalled Tabbbroeser Extension and now it works. So you can save yourself the trouble.

Now if only Google Adwords and IntelliTXT wouldn't FREEZE page scrolling on mouseover, I could set Adblock to hide (rather than not download) ads.

15. Adrian Wong

Ahhh.. Cool! :thumb:

Actually, I've tried the site using Firefox as well as Maxthon. The IntelliTXT does not freeze the page on my system. :think:

16. DanaG

DanaG Newbie

Wow, I just tried it again... you're right! I guess I should've heeded the author's warning that
    Adwords are still annoying, but I can live with them to support my favorite site!

:arp: :arp: :arp:

17. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Thanks! :thumb:

Glad to see everything works fine now! :mrgreen:

18. diabloss

diabloss Newbie

i buyed 2 days ago this "stuff"...my opinion is this abit mobo is awsome...i also have a gigabyte video card a 6800 gt 256 mb of ram pc-x and 2x512 ddr 2 Kingmax 533 2 x200 s-ata western digital raid strip hard disks...my scores in 3damarks with "temporarly 520 intel cpu" (in few days i will receive the 640 cpu )
    are 3dmark03 11090 points
    3damrk05 4919 points

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

ABIT AW8-MAX i955X Motherboard Comprehensive Review Posted!

Today, we are proud to present a comprehensive review of the latest Intel motherboard from ABIT - the ABIT AW8-MAX i955X motherboard!

Come and check out the bells and whistles of this fascinating new motherboard!

Here are the updates:
    • Added five more pages on the motherboard's features.
    • Added usability, overclocking and benchmark results.
    • Added new conclusion.
    • Upgraded review status to Comprehensive Review.
    [​IMG]

Link : ABIT AW8-MAX i955X Motherboard Review!