Discuss about Proton here!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lung, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! Lots of people I know call it sawi (a kind of vegetable). :haha:

Just never saw that "modded advert" before. :haha:

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

ROTFL!!!! :haha: Good one! :haha:

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Err... becuase I was the one that 'photochop' the ad? :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  4. Adrian Wong

Wow... Great job!!! :haha:

5. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

1 person likes this.
  6. Adrian Wong

Damn, I'm on dialup. What did he say?

But IMHO, time to move on, man... He should have brought cronyism (and that includes Sami Vellu!) with him. :hand:

We should not be afraid of him. Fire back, Pak Lah!

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LOL good job :thumb: :haha:

8. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

Its not so much what he said, but how he said what he said thats worth the watch!

Gotta watch the video, transcripts will do no justice. You don't get to see his facial expressions and the way his eyes look when answering a question :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

Argghh... Can someone get TMNet to freaking fix my ADSL connection for me??? :wall:

10. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

11. KENcer

KENcer Newbie

i know this is kinda late..but as i was browsing through the old msgs, i noticed alotta ppl say the export models are better blah blah blah..well i have a wira 1.6xli export (UK specs - according to my mechanic) and well...windows STILL still goes kaput..got them replaced in eon centre and less than a year later, have to replace them again..luckily cheap unlike the wajas...sigh..performance...well still as underpowered as the local ones..fuel consumption is crap. the good part is..the car is slightly lowered....sports rims instead of the usual ones...antenna looks like the ones you see on a waja...semi leather seats..nice...and what else...er...air-bags? (a must in most countries..dont know how they can make that optional here..no wonder malaysia has the WORSE road-death rates in the world. (its true! check out todays NST..today as in 22/9/05)

but at the end of the day...i will not buy another proton (my first was an iswara) ever again..perodua...see first....jap cars for sure...europe and beyond....if im rich..hell yeah..peugeot 407 here i come!!!!..er..better yet..maserati birdcage hehe ( i can see it now..gf/wife tells me i love my car more than her..damn right..i spent mills on the car and she? not even a mill)

12. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!!! :haha:

My aunt who lives in the UK commented on my Wira's built quality. She was wondering why she could depress the cabin roof whereas the Proton cars in UK did not exhibit such "flexibility". :haha:

But that was some time ago. It's possible the even Proton export models these days are of questionable quality.

Certainly, the lack of airbags in local models is absurb. I don't know why they don't insist on this basic feature. Surely they don't expect us to be a developed nation before they think we deserve better crash protection, right? :snooty:

13. KENcer

KENcer Newbie

there is a reason why uk car mags tend to give all proton cars really bad ratings...heck..i even remember a friend telling me perodua is actually rated higher than proton in the world....dont remember the details tho.

this critic guy who did a review on the kembara once said something along the lines of "dont be fooled by the malaysian market. we have more choices than them"...but at least preodua has better qc overall..but then again..a friend bought the kellisa last year and the lcd screen on his cd player doesnt work! so.....i GUESS it was just his luck

btw, its maserati birdcage CONCEPT...not the earlier model. thats for anyone who havent heard or seen it yet, please do..its brill...totally brill...sure have to pay summons every month if i drive that car

14. Adrian Wong

I would definitely rate Perodua cars over Proton cars when it comes to quality. Heck, that's probably one of the reasons why Myvi is selling so well while Proton is stacking up their Savvys by the thousands! :haha:

15. KENcer

KENcer Newbie

Quality..pah! the words Proton and quality just doesnt mix..its like mixing sarsi with whisky...tried that once..my god, tasted like s**t..ended up pouring more sarsi but that didnt work....what a waste of good blue label whisky....

anyways...as i was saying...remember those ads recently? proton saying quality is their number one priority and all that crap? to me that was the number 1 reason i started really disliking proton...what a load of BS..and even if they did what they said..it made me wonder bout the older protons..its like theyre saying "actually quality was NEVER our priority until recently when we realized how S**tty our cars are..but then again malaysia boleh! BE patriotic! buy our cars!...*koff* andmakeusrich *koff*..suckers *koff*"

20 years later theyre still the same....what a shame...wow that rhymes....that should be their new tag line...

someone was saying their new logo looks like thundercats...more like blundercats

16. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Lets just hope that Proton will improve with the two (TMRMs Tengku Mahaleel Replaement Model). I've heard that the replacements have some sexperience in the engineering field (Unlike the previous CEO).

btw, I wished that we have Perodua down under here......

17. Adrian Wong

Talk about Proton... I got these in the mailbox. Not sure how recent they are... :shifty:

Attached Files:

18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i thought this is old story de ? :haha:

19. KENcer

KENcer Newbie

er..i started it again?

anyways....i was wondering..is perodua really that good....? as compared to proton that is..on a scale of 1 to 10..could you all rate proton and perodua? naturally i would give -9.99 to proton but perodua i have yet to really ask my friends

20. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

zy meant the pictures posted by Adrian.