IPODs Do you think they're overrated?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by ToyotaFreak, Oct 1, 2005.

?

Do you think Apple's IPOD is overrated?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Wow.I dare not imagine the price of an iPod Diamond. Or any generic diamond-crusted mp3 players.

Man, that'll be overkill!

2. Overpriced paperweight....

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

overpriced doorstop :haha:

4. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

diamond too expensive, what about sapphire glass, synthetic or otherwise which is virtually unscratchable :wicked:

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I think so. IPods are quite overrated. Don't know why.

And I heard the batteries in IPod are already burnt deep into the player itself? Is this the fact?

When the batteries run out of juice, then the user must dump it away and buy a new IPod? Then the batteries are non-replacable?

I'm just asking, since I read this in an article. I hope there's no offense at all. Hehh heh.. :D

6. Phut

Phut Newbie

The arstechnica article where they did the ipod nano durability tests found that the batterry was hardwired into the player. This simply means that the battery is connected in a way that is not intended for easy replacement.

If the need comes you could always just desolder the wires and (as long as it fits) attach an appropriate replacement.

7. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

there will still be the problem of getting the similar type of battery and I'll bet that it's not easy to source at all.

8. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yes is overrated, as i agree with Phok it is just a mp3 player plus some extra function which u can get it in normal handphone.

I respect their product as in the way they design the ipod and the way they market it...Nth else than it is so attractive it public :naughty: On top of that those accessory is one of thier marketing strategy also, people like to be update rather than spending more money for a new "toy", if you get my point...

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

steve is god, and apple is a religious :mrgreen:

10. HAHAHAHA!!!! :haha:

I wonder what their "Bible" would be? :shock: :nuts: :haha:

11. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 Newbie

Definitely overrated.
    Still it's okay, men always preferred beauty over functionality.
    Guess how Amber Chia got her modelling contract anyway.

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ipod is their "bible" :mrgreen: ppl are lazy to read nowadays, so they listen.

13. Mike

Mike Newbie

i've dropped mine and broke it. they gave me a replacement supprisingly and i broke that too by sitting on it... and cracking the screen = no more replacements.

since then i swore to never buy another apple product, fragile pieces of shit...

14. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

wow, they replace one for you even when you droped it? nice :clap: but you broke it again, clumsy you :haha:

15. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

It's called the Cult of Mac :)

I've read the book, the crazy things the mac cultists do... hehe. The book's a real interesting read. It's kinda like a coffee-table book style. And the book cover's picture is a photo of the back of a man's head, with his hair shaven into the Apple logo..

and now the author of the Cult of Mac is coming up with a new book, the Cult of iPod.

16. HAHAHAHA!!!! :haha:

Although I do have to admit, the iPod's are really good looking. My dad actually bought one. Probably one of those mid-life crisis urges.

But if you ask me, all these things are just products of marketing/advertising campaigns. They won't say that you need one but they make you want one. :evil:

iPod= a good looking, overpriced mp3 player/paperweight/doorstop. :thumb:

17. eg660

eg660 Newbie

I own an ipod my only problem with it is that it easily get scratched . I agree with the fact that it is some fashion statement, but i got hooked by all the advertisments and it seems it brainwashed me that an Ipod is a really good buy. In the end I spend some cash and I'm still happy with it. Just expressing my own opinion.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  18. zachig

zachig Newbie

Yeap, I definitely think that those IPODs are a little bit overated. Anyway, I've made my vote.

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. The poll shows that most people think iPods are over-rated. :mrgreen:

20. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Of course it is overrated! :haha: I didn't even buy one proves it! :haha: