[Suggestions] Enhancements to the future ARP

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Conquest

Conquest Newbie

i_karamba!! .. that explains the dot net on rojak main page.. heheh

uhh ohh.. before i forget sql server 2000 service pack 4 coming soon. (http://www.sswug.org/columnists/editorial.asp?id=589)

2. bennyhill

bennyhill Newbie

make CS5 a personal forum section

make him the mod of his section

hide it from the rest of the people

move all of his post there?

:haha: :haha:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

actuall there is already a special section for CS5's junk yard post :whistle:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

99% of the threads in Junk Yard are CS5's... :whistle:

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

wow.. 99% only ? :haha:

6. Phut

Phut Newbie

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but the mail list should contain updates for the entire day rather than an individual email for every article at various times. Obviously things of high importance should remain seperate, but getting ~4 individual emails per day from ARP is getting a bit numerous, when you could just have one large one! :nuts:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, that's something we are working on. In the future, we hope to be able to allow you to choose to either receive daily, weekly or monthly mails.

In the meantime, I think we can come up with something to fix the multiple mails per day. :think:

Thanks for the suggestion. Do keep them coming! :beer:

8. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

there isnt any real way of getting to "my account", i wanted to change my avatar but i have to wonder around the site for like 2-3 minutes before i found a way to get to my account to do that which is via the "private messages" link on the top right corner. There should really be a link to allow user to access thier account directly by clicking on the word "my account" or something like that.

9. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Actually u can scroll up and click on User CP that should give u all the info about your account

10. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

tried that and it does brings me to the account page, but what does user CP means? i believe many people are like me having no clue as to what it means and does.

11. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

User CP == user control panel

From what i can read u wanted to change your avatar, if you click on user CP on the left are all the different options on what you can do to your profile

There should be a link that says edit avatar.

12. K B Ng

K B Ng Newbie

Looks like the download area got dumped.. have to fix that tomorrow.

13. fyire

fyire Newbie

Would that happen to be the one that was planned previously with the anti leeching capabilities?

14. Chai

The download page is still up. Maybe you meant that there are no new updates?

15. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I just wish to say i like to logout screen, it looks like window the whole screen turn to grey scale. May be we have this for some time which i do not realize :p coz i never click on logout before hehe

Another suggestion, can this forum do like multiple quote by just clicking. So far i try just can quote one msg which i need to type manually to quote another msg if i want to reply in one post only. :think:

16. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. That's a good point. I wonder if that's possible.. :think:

17. Chai

Didn't we have a rule stating 'No quoted quotes of...'? I thought this feature was excellent!

18. Adrian Wong

No-no.. I think he was referring to the possibility of quoting more than ONE post.

For example, instead of just quoting and replying to my post, he wants to be able to quote and reply to multiple people in a single post.

19. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yes Boss got what i mean, 'No quoted quotes of' is a good idea since last time which does not waste so many space in forum.

Ya i suggest can quote more than one people reply and post in single post. I believe this way will cut down the storage space in the server as well. (one post rather than 2 post)

20. Chai

I've just installed a new PDA skin. If you are on the go, please try it out!