Test your intelligence

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by peaz, Jan 20, 2006.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

hehehe got 10 on first try....look into it after work maybe...

3. Falcone

11... just new one more...

4. Falcone

12 yes!!! ok back to work.

edited: 15 now

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

too time-consuming. racking my brain.. got 2 and give up. :oops:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Please don't triple posts... :whistle:

I got about 7 right without cheating. After cheating, I found out that I could only get another 5 at most since I've never heard of the rest! :haha:

Damn...I knew the "temperature" was related to temperature, but couldn't form a sentence! :wall:

7. peaz

now at 17 :D ... 19! :thumb: with some help though.. :p

Edit: 21 now :D Yay!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  8. Zen

Zen Das lässige Schwein

:faint: i need answers ... :shifty:

9. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

3 B M (S H T R) is W T F?
    maybe cs5 understand this.. :think:

10. peaz

haha it's not as hard as it seems for some of it, including that 3 B M (S H T R)

11. Zen

Zen Das lässige Schwein

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it's more like..how much do u know then how intelligent you are.. :lol:

i mean..who the hell cares about how many stripes there are in the US flag :lol: :lol:

as for the bible question, non believers wont know adi right.. :lol: :lol:

13. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Got 9 in the 1st 15 minutes.

8 more after another 45 min.

and 4 more after reading your post :wicked: :thumb:

14. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Hm... 6 on the first try but this is really hard... :think:
    I can only get those related to time.... :mrgreen:

15. McTavish

McTavish Newbie

Hey….I’m a Genius….always knew it!

40 minutes last night to get 19, then another half hour today to get to 28. Can’t see the last 5 but I’m not going to cheat and will try later.

Something’s wrong here because I know for a fact I’m no genius, other wise why am I poor and working for living? It’s severely biased towards native English speakers and also mainly British people. So it’s definitely not fair on most of the people here.

It’s not a real IQ test as some questions assume knowledge of English culture. Knowledge has nothing to do with intelligence.

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure it's due to our language power, but after looking at the answers, I can tell I wouldn't know even after knowing the answer, like the bible one. Seriously no way for me to answer more than 15 even if you give me another 10 years! :haha:

17. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Actually the total number of books in the Bible is quite debatable. There are so many books that are included in some versions and excluded from others.
    I got 10 without cheating/reading the posts here :shifty:

18. peaz

24 was my last count :D but anyways. whether or not it determines u are a genius is irrelavent. Did you guys had fun solving the puzzle? Did it squeeze your brains a bit when practicing some lateral thinking? That's all that matters, not how many you achieved in answering.

19. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i no genius i chinese! i get only 2.

20. McTavish

McTavish Newbie

Yeah I enjoyed the test peaz and it filled some time during an insomniac moment. You are right that scores are unimportant. If someone like me can do well on a test like this then I think the main lesson to be learned here is that Mensa members are not as smart as they think they are. If a dumb truck mechanic can match them, well what does that say?

I’m sure you could have gotten some more aKho if you had been in the mood. I think mood and mind set are all important for mental tests. If it had been in your own language you would have done better than me. You can not only speak a second language, but also read and write it. I wish I could do either.