Hooters waitress won a toyota!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by aKho, Jan 23, 2006.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

[​IMG]

source : http://www.sptimes.com/News/072801/State/Dream_car_is_a__toy_Y.shtml

2. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Come on, she won a CAR, not a really cool action figure! Wait... I want that Yoda! lol! But really there are a lot of issues that will arise with this, and Golf Coast Wings is making a BIG mistake going against this. Best thing they could have done was simply go through with the promotion. I hope she gets her Toyota...

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Maybe everyone heard it wrongly... Toy-Yoda for a Toyota? :mrgreen: :faint:

4. Donutey

Donutey Newbie

i kinda remember this story from a while back... didn't this happen two years ago (roughly)? I don't know, i doubt anything came of the lawsuit...

5. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

http://www.sptimes.com/News/072801/..._a__toy_Y.shtml

looking at the link, i think it's probably from the year 2001.
    nevertheless, still an interesting read. :oops:

6. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

I think that was supposed to be the joke from the employers side, but had the manager not intended to mislead the waitresses they wouldn't have had the price ceremony in the parking lot, would they?

Cheers
    Olle

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Sounds intentional, but it was not just a contest to see who has the best kept fingernails. It was a contest to see who sold the most beer, which is financially beneficial to Hooters. So, I'd say she deserved what the company promised - a Toyota... not a Toy Yoda. :roll:

8. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

I think the manager could have gotten away a bit easier by at least giving her a toy car, of Toyota model. Not that it would have been much better, but at least he'd used a more plausible loop hole...

/Olle

9. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

slow news day?

10. terry99

terry99 Newbie

Toy Yoda?

This is a blonde joke, isn't it? Surely something like this wouldn't even happen in the US. :faint: