what do you guys think about bullying ? Give opinion based on experience or knowledge

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by toyotageek, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I was bullied my first year in high school. After being picked on and some verbal retaliation, the bully decided to have some friends hold my arms and say... "If you ever say that again..." as he drew a line across my neck with a marker as if he was going to cut my head off.

Some time later we actually got into a fight in which I thought I got the best of him, but I got in more trouble for retaliation. :nuts:

Several years later (and lots of days at school being scared about another confrontation) I was at a graduation party with friends and also... guess who! :shock: Yup the guy that I fought. He was actually quite restrained and actually seemed nice, well at least not wanting to KILL me. Perhaps it was my size difference. It was almost if he had quit growing when he was 15 and I just kept getting bigger.

Anyway, after moving away from my parents home and starting at the Uni, I was roommates with a good friend of mine that eventually married ....... yup the "Bully's" sister. :doh: Again no confrontations, just that funny feeling of unease.

After finishing up at the Uni, moving to a different part of the country, I returned home to visit friends and family. This time things turned out to be a little different.

At a BBQ event, some friends and I were talking, when I asked about the "Bully". One person replied, "You didn't hear?"
    "Hear what?", I said.

"He was killed in a auto accident.", my friend replied.

Everyone went silent. It turns out that since school, the "Bully" had become a law enforcement officer (highway patrol type) and was killed while traveling at a high rate of speed. Ironically, not in a police car, but in his own vehilce, racing one of his bully friends. It is believed that one driver lost control, hit the other, and both drivers died.

I really wasn't moved by this news, but to this day I still remember the marker on the neck, the trash talk, and of course the fight at school, but what sticks in my mind (20 years later) most was seeing the "Bully" at the graduation party and how he sort of "grew up" or kinda knew that something was going to happen.

4 people like this.
  2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

wow.....kinda in the face thingy......:faint: :faint: :faint:

1 person likes this.
  3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Bullies... what can I say. I'd say that was kinda lucky never to be really a target for bullies. But even then I can safely say this.. bullying is not cool. it's so uncool.. it's in fact far beyond being childish. I'd relate bullying with being a pariah and uncivilised.

1 person likes this.
  4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

What goes around comes around, I guess...

1 person likes this.
  5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I agree.

Wow.. Ishtim, I can't believe that actually happened to you. :shock:

I'm not sure if this counts as bullying... :think: But I was once a school prefect. As such, I was in charge of keeping the students in line, etc. Needless to say, I pissed off quite a few people, some of whom were associated with gangs outside.

Once, there was an event at night at my school. They somehow managed to catch me alone at the back of a school block. A group of about half a dozen guys with their girlfriends surrounded me and shoved me around. Even threatened to beat me up. No idea why they didn't though, cause they sure could have. I was all alone. :shifty:

In any case, after numerous shoves and threats, they walked off. After that, they continued to make their presence known by revving their bikes in front of my house, make threatening calls, etc. I even had one of their "tai kos" (big brothers) threaten me on the phone.

But I didn't give a shit. I was actually amused that they would actually take the time and effort to find out what my telephone number was and where I lived. They actually spent time and money revving their bikes up and down the street. :nuts: :haha: :haha:

Eventually, they got tired of it. They didn't even attempt to confront me again. I guess that was the ONLY time they ever managed to get hold of me, alone and in the dark. :mrgreen:

In any case, if I have any advice for people who are getting bullied, it's this - Stand your ground. Don't give in to them or show that you are subservient. That probably saved my ass that dark and lonely night. :mrgreen:

And one day, they will get their just desserts. It's almost like a law. Bullies have low self-esteem and therefore are unlikely to succeed in life. Believe in yourself and you will be able to deliver the ultimate revenge - by becoming superior to them in every way of the word. :mrgreen:

Remember - revenge is best served cold. ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Bullies. I rate them lower than dirt. :lol: But I do pity them. I mean after all, they cant find a "raison d’être" and can only somewhat glimpse that at the cost of another that lives a good life.

1 person likes this.
  7. Domster

Domster Newbie

I used to get bullied somethin' rotten when I was in primary school. A bunch of about 5 older kids used to go around the yard, handing out beatings. The leader was a kid called Chris. Tall, lanky, wore glasses and looked kinda geeky but he had a nice right hook.It was mostly his mates that would do the beatin'. He's just watch.

They eventually went off to High school and I decided to try me hand at martial arts and a bit o' boxing. Tae Kwon Do and later Muay Thai.

As some of you might remember from my raging bull escapee stories, I left school when I was 15 and went to work in a Meat Factory.

I'm workin' away one day on the factory floor....and guess who shows up?? Yep....Christopher. He seemed to think he could pick up where he left off at school (verbally though, nothing physical). I had other ideas and yes, it was wrong but I felt like gettin' physical.

His job was takin' off the empty hooks that the cattle would be hangin' on. He'd take em off the rail, go up through an empty Chill room and drop the hooks over a railing into the Loading Bay below. No one around. And that's where I caught him. Not my proudest moment but I fractured four of his ribs. He was a good boy too and told the management....my Da included that he fell against the railing. He never came back to work again and anytime I see him on the street, we just blank each other.

And ya know what?? I feel a twinge of guilt!! Only a twinge though....lets not get carried away here!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

I used to be bullied to, and you know what i am doing much better than them right now. And you know what that kind of revenge is the sweetest of them all

1 person likes this.
  9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

hmm .. someone bullied me before..
    he threw rubbish into my school bad..
    he pissed me off ...
    but i didnt do anything ..
    but since i'm already out of school ..
    if he really piss me off if i'm in penang again ..

i'll seriously give him a uppercut & that will seriously land him is hospital ..
    nvr mess with ppl who plays tennis ... grrrrr ...

1 person likes this.
  10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

but what if he is into wrestling?? :haha: :haha:

11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

wrestling my ass.. he look like someone who is clumsy ..

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If these people have time to bully others, they probably won't have time for other useful activities.

13. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

People who bullies usually have problems themselves, people who thinks bullies are cool have serious problem themselves....maybe got raped at 5 year old :haha: :haha: :haha:

14. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Peace to all... no matter what thier demeanor! Please change your evil ways..... Did I just say that?:shock: :doh:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I can't believe u just said that. :doh: :mrgreen: