DFi nf3 250gb OC...

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by eg660, Feb 13, 2006.

1. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Hey guys...been a long time since I posted something in this forum...Anyway I am back with my questions regrading my OCing...I am currently @ [email protected] new specs are in my sig I used the same ram from my old setup(which I think is a bad idea)the tfreq is at 150 and timings are set to auto....My question is I ran 3dmark03 and I had a score lower than my previous set up which is a MSi neo that is only overclocked to 2200..How can this be? Is is my PSU not giving enough juice? I currently have a cheap 450W and only has 18A @ the 12V rail...maybe this is the problem...thanks in advance...

2. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

regarding OC, do not i repeat, do not use cheap psu as it may result instability an may burn you psu.. it seem normal for 1/2 an hour after that you may experience random shutdown or maybe cannot switch on at all.. for your ram, i don't think its a good idea for mixing it.. you have the hyper X and you mixed it with value ram and the hyper X will follow the value ram spec which is not meant for the hyper X.. (correct me if im wrong)..

3. eg660

eg660 Newbie

I ran occt and super pi it was stable and I also ran prim for 10 hours it was stable...I dont know what the problem is right now? Do you think I should change my psu even if it is stable?

4. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

last time i dont even run a stress test.. i just play doom 3 for half an hour and suddenly just shut down.. cannot power on.. a few of my friend also have same prob..
    p/s: cheap imo that psu comes with casing.. if you buy separate psu that is have true power rating its ok even though if you feel it cheap..

5. petfall

petfall Newbie

In this case,PSU only can cause instability.
    The score lower than the previous must be BIOS parameter alterred.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Try removing all the RAMs except for the HyperX. See if the score will go up.

7. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Okay guys thanks for the reply..I used the Latcfg program to make my lat for the pci to agp bridge higher...this made a huge difference...my score went up from 9,500 to 11,895....I just ran prime for 10 hours last night I guess it's not my PSu...but I am planning to get a set of 2gb g.skill so I can still push my FSB up...:D