Need help backing up MP3's to DVD disc!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by b104, Feb 16, 2006.

1. b104

b104 Newbie

I have been slowly gathering MP3's onto a DVD-R disc without closing the disc.Runs fine on the computer but not on the P/sonic DVD player.(Which if same rules apply as cd's is because it has not been closed).Some of the songs have been recorded as singles,others as a few songs inside a folder and others inside folders inside folders.
    The question is, will a standard DVD player play, consecutively, a compiled music DVD recording if I have individual songs alongside "recorded at once" whole albums, mixed together?
    Recording 4.7 gb's of songs & finding it wont play could really piss you off.
    P.s. I'm not asking about the prototype DVD i've compiled.
    :whistle:

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Why not just finalize it?

As for the second question, there are no standard for CDs or DVDs players playing mp3s. It all depends on the manufacturers, (asuming your player has a little 'mp3' sticker at the pannel).

I once had a player that let me chooses wat to play...by having a nice on screen interface.

3. b104

b104 Newbie

The original has some songs doubled up & some songs are in 2 folders deep.Which I know would be unreadable on a player.If I make an album of individual songs one by one,I know it would work (just take a long time to compile),but when u drop an entire album, a folder is usually created.Would the album play consecutively if I drop a single after the album & so on?

4. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Like I said...some players can some players cannot...there only one way to find out.:faint: :faint: :faint:

5. b104

b104 Newbie

Reason I dont finalize it is because,I'm still a way off from filling 4.7gb's of a dvd.There is a majority of players that tend to apply the same basic rules,so I figure the question is answerable, if you apply those guidelines.Also if I do go ahead & finalize the disc,can I be sure that it is that problem in particular that is stopping it from playing? :beer:

6. slash

slash Newbie

i think as long as there are no folders, the DVD player should be able to play the song. as for full albums, plus singles to fill up the space, should work too.