Kota Kinabalu Trip

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by christene222, Mar 10, 2006.

1. christene222

christene222 Newbie

elo...went up to Mt KK Sabah on Jan before chinese new year. Here are some photo, taken with Panasonic Lumix FX9 and canon ixux (donno which model :p). Give some comments lo....:p

1st photo: Sunset at the Laban Rata rest house
    2nd photo: Zoomed in at the Registration site.
    3rd photo: Zoomed in at the Registration site.
    4th photo: That's Low's Peak, the highest peak (4093m).
    5th photo: Sunrise.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
    3 people like this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

How was the hike like in terms of duration and damn, you've been missing for quite some time now so welcome back. :D

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

wow. the view at the peak is just spectacular!

4. luv the 1st and 2nd shots. :)

5. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Let's organise a trip up....target next year (this cannot make it I think)

I'm serious here!!!:faint: :faint: :faint:

6. christene222

christene222 Newbie

Somemore shots...

Yea I am back.

To Jeremy:Regarding the hike, it took 2 days. For the 1st day, we started from the group till Laban Rata rest house which is 6km. We took 5 hours 30mins, 10am till 3:30pm, if u r fast then can go up faster. It is better to start earlier, some people starts at 8am. Then u will have more time to relax and enjoy the view in Laban Rata. The view is marvellous :thumb: . It changes in few seconds. The mist come in seconds and goes in seconds. The clouds changes so fast, u will see it moves. we slept at 8pm and woke up 1:30am the next morning to carry on the hike to the peak. It was very dark of cos. As long as it doesn't rain, u should thank to god already. We are a bit faster this time, we took 2 hours 30mins to go up the peak which is 2.5km from the Laban Rata. We reach b4 6am and managed to see the sunrise. It was superb. Well, it was very very cold also, 4 degree C. It was 10degree C at Laban Rata. Oh ya, we brought some fruits like apple and pears. It taste juicy and tasty :thumb: . Brought energy bar also. :mrgreen:

Well, going up is tiring. However it was still ok. Coming down is :cry: ..my both legs was super pain and can only move steps by steps. our tour guide have to help me carry my luggage.

1st photo: I was at the peak! The Japanese guy trying to came into picture as well.
    2nd photo: Sunset. Photo taken at Laban Rata.
    3rd photo: Sunset. Photo taken at Laban Rata.
    4th photo: Sunset. Photo taken at Laban Rata.
    5th photo: Sunrise at Dongkey Ear Peak. There are 4 peaks in Mt KK: Low's Peak, South Peak, Ugly Sister Peak and Dongkey Ear peak.

Attached Files:

7. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Simply AWESOME!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Awesome pics indeed!

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Excellent climb I may say but was there any practice of Climb High, Stay Low?

10. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

i have to say the first and last pic of your 1st post looks good! :thumb:

11. Chai

BALLESSZZZ!

12. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Rocking pics! :thumb:

Climb High, Stay Low? :eh:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Cool pics!!! :thumb: :clap:

Hmm.. :think: Is the way to the top slippery and steep? Anyone fell to the bottom before? :D

How expensive is the trip? :think:

14. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Why not man! But we shall need to train 1st. take this year to start going up smaller hills to work out the stamina? :D :thumb: Count me in if we are really organising one.

15. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

RM$10 here says all talk no action.

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL!:haha: Thats what me thinks...:rolleyes: I really really miss sabah...:cry:

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

jeremy: RM 100here ...all talk no action :haha: :haha:

omg..here comes the arp keep fit program..again.. :haha: :haha:

18. Chai

Wow, should I increase my bet to RM1k? :haha:

19. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

So christene222 how much u spend for this trip, this is one of the place that on my list as well :D

20. christene222

christene222 Newbie

the price...

for the trip to mt kk which took 2 days:

Laban Rata resthouse(per nite per person):rm 50
    Insurance : ard rm50 torm70
    Tour guide fee: btw rm 70 to 80 (so if 10 person, one person is rm7)

prepare rm100 for food up there as a botol of 1.5L mineral water is rm9.2 !!:wall:

so for the whole whould be around rm250, got balance mostly.:mrgreen:

well..i went there 6 days...stay at friends place....i spent ard rm600 for the whole trip. my air asia ticket costed rm110.

that's all lo.

jeremy, there was a case where a foreigner went out the track and died. her brother managed to find the rope and survived.

just do exercise for few moths and 1 months a more serious training like going up stairs for 1 hour or some hiking lo.

jeremy..elton...peaz...no problem one laa...i can make it..u all sure no problem. :thumb: