WindowsXP Activation

Discussion in 'General Software' started by alyy8128, Mar 15, 2006.

1. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Hi, I 'm using Nec notebook, E680 for 2 years.

I just tried to use a small application in the reocvery CD. The small program cleared all my devices drivers. The let the windowsXP search them back one by one. Then, after restart, the windows prompt to me that i need to activate my windows. However, when i putting all the serial no at the back off my notebook, the windows activator still call it wrong serial input?

Why ah?

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hmm not too sure about that. I just used activate thru internet and it was done. Didn't have to input anything.:think:

3. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

The windowsXp prompt to me for activation before i log on. So, my computer haven't connect to internet yet.

U mean, you can activate it tru internet? Not when windowsXP prompt to you?

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Huh? Got such thing one meh? What application did you use?

If it's the OS Installation CD, I don't think you need to activate it. :think: If it's the Recovery/Master CD that you cut from your pc, no need to activate at all coz it's an image of your harddisk. :think:

Try calling the service and support center if everything else fail. :mrgreen:

5. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

The application named "Devices Scanner". I also donno what use of it. I just tangan banyak banyak click "start scan now". Then, it removed all my devices driver. Then, let window find them again. Then, the activation problem come out.

One more thing is, the Recovery Image is store in a hidden partition in my hardisk. But i re-partition my hardisk already and i can't find that hidden paritition.

6. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

7. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

How to find the product avtivation application in WindowsXP?

The microsoft website said it is at START-ALL PROGRAMS- ACCESSORIES- SYSTEM TOOLS- WINDOWS AVTIVATION

But it is not there!!!

8. re-partitioning your hard drive will remove all data stored into it...

9. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

If then, can i get the hidden partition back?

10. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

abit confusing here... You get a activation request after u reinstall your new OS ?If this the case, i thought we can choose activate later isnt it ?

11. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

It's probably thinking a hardware change occured and therefore it'll only give you 3 days rather than 30.

I had to do this the other day and since I couldn't get into Windows to install the NIC drivers (long story), I ended up calling the phone number. It's a pain and takes a bit, but it works.

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Nope, not until you get the support ppl to revert your notebook to factory condition (everything back to normal as when you bought your notebook). I thought there's a 'Note To Customer' that says you should cut your backup partition out into CDs before you do anything with the partition, etc. At least for the current models, they do that. :think:

LOL! Why the **** did you go and use the 'Devices Scanner' la. :haha: That's actually meant for fresh OS installation where it will detect your notebook model, remove all the drivers and install all the drivers of the model included in the CD. :mrgreen:

Do you have the OS Installation CD? I'm not sure if it's included with notebooks (for desktop, they do). So, now you still can't login into Windows right? For legal purposes (or else I would suggest another way), I suggest you to call the Hotline 1300-88-2188 or email to [email protected]. :D

Hmm... you'll have to pay them I think since your warranty should be over already. :think:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Nope, he used the 'Devices Scanner' tool which will remove all drivers, auto-restart and install all drivers provided in the driver cd. And I agree with Viper007Bond that there must be hardware changes or else it won't ask you for activation. :think:

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

There is none. You'll have to deal with NEC for that afaik. :lol:

15. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

ah ok now make sense ....

16. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

I had search through the given User manual in the Recovery CD, but still can't find any chapter talking about how to backup the partition out. I even donno there is a hidden partition in there. :nuts:

Do you know any ways to take that partition out? I may need if i revert my notebook back to factory condition. Thanks.:doh:

17. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Thanks for the advices. I had tried again the "Devices Scanner" again. Because i found a little option to click on the devices scanner application. It can choose eiither Activate the windows NOW or LATER, which i didn't realise last time.:shock:

Now my computer is working properly without prompt to me to re-activate again. Some application even run faster than before.:beer:

Yup, i bought this notebook sincec MAC 2004, the warranty expired long time ago loh. :arrow: I emailed NEC support before, the said they didn't provide Windows Installation CD anymore but store them in that hidden partition only. :wicked: BUT they didn't tell me, AND didn't teach me HOW to backup them!!!:wall:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, you can only revert it back using the Support ppl's hdd image DVD. :mrgreen:

At the Start menu, there's a tool called System Restore. Activate the tool, on the left, I think you can find 2-3 buttons, hover them to see what they are. 1st should be floppy bootdisk (if you enable floppy drive), 2nd should be system recovery which will restart your pc and you will be given options to do a partial or full recovery (provided you still have your backup partition :mrgreen: ). The 3rd button is the one you use to cut out your backup partition. :dance:

Hmm... no OS Installation CD huh... guess they only provide for desktops. :think:

Eh, can activate Windows in "Devices Scanner"? Now, that I don't know. LOL! I should be shot! :haha: :doh:

19. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

This the screen shot for the "Windows Devices Scan" program. There is a option for windows activation, which i didn't realise at the first.

[​IMG]

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Seems like an older version. No wonder I've never seen it. :mrgreen: